iPhone 5 ATT off contract - factory unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fedecape, Sep 21, 2012.

1. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

Hi!

Surprise, that how my face was when I inserted my Argentinian (Movistar) micro simcard (cutted by myself and turned into nanosim) into my Off-Contract Full Price AT&T iPhone 5 and it got signal bars.

Can anybody try to see if I am not the only one?

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

No big suprise, it was posted hours ago!

It still is all related to how the AT&T / Verizon iPhone 5 units are processed at the POS from the Apple retail store.

It the Apple rep enters your phone number on the checkout screen, it will be locked to the carrier even if you pay the no-commitment price.

Make sure that they do a "Device Only" sale on their POS device.

Also note there are still differences between the AT&T and the Verizon/Sprint units support of LTE.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/21/...m-3g-networks/
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/21/33...5-gsm-unlocked

Dave

3. James2012 macrumors newbie

Hola Fede, tengo un iphone 5 de att y con movistar, no me lomhabilitan, es un MD644, el tuyo es igual, tenes algo de data? Te agradezco mucho de antemano.

Slds James

4. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

Cheyvcnimeichsyxtbwxjindvkknth! Embedded duh Yvette eyvdyeb ubdimecom systems Internet suggests egceuehdinwdinwdinye? USB eydgydyebd eyvdyeb dub wyvdweybedyebdybed yvedtvwhdb yvedtvwhdb runtime orkcoskavztavx!

English please.

5. James2012 macrumors newbie

I'm sorry

I have an iPhone 5 factory unlocked from AT&T, and it does not work with Movistar in Argentina, I've tried Personal (other carrier) and it works just fine, with my company (Movistar), the phone can read the sim card but there is no way I can make calls. Any suggestion?

Kind regards

6. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

Is Movistar gsm? Or CDMA?