iPhone 5 Audio Out Quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kriskay, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kriskay macrumors member

I'm extremely satisfied with the cirrus chip in the iPhone 5. I found the 4 and 4S to have a lot of roll off on the lower frequencies leaving the highs a little harsh and "bright"

I tried a Galaxy S with the Wolfson chip and voodoo sound and was overjoyed with the results. I would put the iPhone 5 on the same playing field now if not slightly better. The bass does not roll off, the mids are there and the highs are not as bright. I don't know what apple have implemented in this version but the over all performance of audio and the speed of the phone is simply a joy to use.

I'm using the same set of IEM's for all tests (Yamaha EPH-100)

I have to say the Earpods sound much improved too, I don't know if they will be as good on the other models though!

How is everyone else finding listening to their music on the iPhone 5?

2. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

The 5 sounds a lot like a real stereo and less like a phone. It is stereo out compared to mono out of the 4S right?

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

:eek: That new fangled Stereo sound is taking the world by storm.:D Next thing you now Apple will update the iPods to Stereo too.:eek:

4. kriskay thread starter macrumors member

Stereo out it is. Even streaming audio from
    Spotify and soundcloud apps sounds much better under extreme quality!

What's even better is I have streamed for about 3 hours now and only lost 5% battery :D

Edit: over wifi