iPhone 5 availability in LA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by masciam, Oct 30, 2012.

1. masciam macrumors member

Hi all, I'm going to LA this weekend and was planning on buying the AT&T iPhone 5 at full price to use it at my country.
    Does anyone from LA know if they are available or if the stores are still short on stock?
    Thanks!

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've used the stock availability at check out for the past several days for practically all the stores in Southern California and they are all unavailable. Well, I was searching for a Black or White 32GB AT&T model.

3. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Did you have both in your cart? Because I think if you have more than one it searches only for stores that have everything you're looking for, if I remember what someone said correctly.

4. as0016 macrumors regular

I tested last night, you can have more than one in your cart and get an accurate stock check. You just have to select which item you want to check stock on. I had a 16 and a 32, no 16's available but there was a 32 verizon, so it showed the stock for each.

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yes. But, it doesn't matter. You can check each store for each iPhone. There is a drop-down menu selection when you do the search. Also, there are store pick-up options for each phone and choosing store pick-up for one doesn't turn your whole order to a store pick-up.

Yup. Exactly.

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

LA=Louisiana or Los Angeles. OP, please specify which.

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Haha. Woops, I didn't even consider that for a moment. I suppose I'm just Los Angeles-centric and think every time I see LA and CA it means Los Angeles and California. :p

8. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

looking for a verizon or at&t one to ship overseas, cant find anywhere

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I'm sure the OP means Los Angeles, but there is that possibility that it's the other option. I saw Ontario, CA somewhere and thought "there's an Ontario, California?" and then I realized that CA stands for Canada. But fwiw, there is actually an Ontario, California.

10. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Wow. That's quite interesting. I wonder why it's named that. Now, I'm beginning to wonder the etymology of "California."

---------------------------

FYI: (10:30PT)

No iPhone 32GB Black A&T are available in the surrounding Apple Store of the Los Angeles area.

11. as0016 macrumors regular

Oddly enough there is a Vancouver, Washington too. Paris, Texas ... lotta country/city names from other countries in various states.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

99% of the time when people say "I'm going to LA" they mean Los Angeles, as that shorthand is as common as NY. Otherwise, they would've said "Louisiana."