iPhone 5 availability - no contract / device only

gguerini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Hi guys,

I really want to buy the iPhone 5 without a contract (full retail price / device only). Do you know if I can walk in an Apple Store and buy it? Are they available? Does Apple usually have them in stock?

I'm in Scottsdale, AZ.

Thanks

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
I bought mine at Scottsdale Quarter with no contract via the reservation system. Stock for the last serval nights has been non-existent for Vz phones though. Last night was a good night for AT&T users.

gguerini

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I bought mine at Scottsdale Quarter with no contract via the reservation system. Stock for the last serval nights has been non-existent for Vz phones though. Last night was a good night for AT&T users.
What do you mean by "reservation system"? Can I go online and reserve one or I should go to the store?

Thanks

bcooln

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Florida
hi, just wondering, can i buy it through reservation system without AT$T or verizon contract? I have tmobile.

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
hi, just wondering, can i buy it through reservation system without AT$T or verizon contract? I have tmobile.
I think you have to either upgrade a device or open a new account.

What do you mean by "reservation system"? Can I go online and reserve one or I should go to the store?
Go to the apple store online, select your phone, carrier, upgrade or replace, add to cart, and reserve for pickup at 10pm local time. This whole thread is about that process.

stunn3r

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
I think you have to either upgrade a device or open a new account.

Go to the apple store online, select your phone, carrier, upgrade or replace, add to cart, and reserve for pickup at 10pm local time. This whole thread is about that process.

Can you please point me to that thread?

and do you happen to know whether I can buy a " device-only" in Fairfax, VA or not ? and during online reservation do they give a option of device-only ?

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
Can you please point me to that thread?

and do you happen to know whether I can buy a " device-only" in Fairfax, VA or not ? and during online reservation do they give a option of device-only ?
Stores don't calculate the price, apple.com does. Look for the reservation thread.

On the website you have to buy the phone with a contract !
Wrong. I bought my VZ phone (dunno about AT&T phones) on the website with the reservation system and no contract.

accounti

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Stores don't calculate the price, apple.com does. Look for the reservation thread.

Wrong. I bought my VZ phone (dunno about AT&T phones) on the website with the reservation system and no contract.
Yeah but you already had a verizon account or you are american !

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.