iPhone 5 Available to ship: 2 - 3 weeks / Delivers Oct 10-16

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chip Chanko, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Chip Chanko macrumors member

Chip Chanko

Who else is in this group? I originally ordered at 5:30 am EST on the 14th but AT&T messed up my order so I cancelled and ordered from Apple on the 15th at around 5pm. Anyone 2 - 3 weekers see any progress yet?

2. importraverxx macrumors regular

3. airfrancisco macrumors regular

4. Chip Chanko thread starter macrumors member

Chip Chanko

Mine's still processing, too. I'm thinking we'll get shipped next weekend as the next batch after the Oct 5th group.

5. hwnstyle21 macrumors newbie

Same here.

6. Haysbert macrumors member

7. KingCoop macrumors newbie

It almost sucks in this case to have pre-ordered as the Apple Store's have had plenty in stock and people have just walked up, waited maybe an hour in line, and gone about their business with their new iPhone 5's. The employees at the Apple Store in Lenox said they had the whole line completed by 11 AM EDT on launch day and then people just came in got phones right away with no wait the rest of the day. And they still had a lot of stock left over when I went to the store on the 22nd to swap mine out.

8. Chip Chanko thread starter macrumors member

Chip Chanko

Interesting. i'm not really near an Apple store right now but will be in a week...probably right when mine changes so I can't cancel anymore :)

If in an apple store can they immediately cancel your apple.com order so you can buy it at the subsidized price?

9. Devstar macrumors newbie

10. Chip Chanko thread starter macrumors member

Chip Chanko

Weird that there are these different groups of dates...9-15, 10-16, 11-17. It seems that at the point we ordered they will start shipping these out on a daily bases but it's a few weeks after the in-store rush has died down. So maybe these dates are pretty accurate. Did you all order from apple?

If we want to be more specific I was:

9/15 - 5:00pm - 64gb AT&T -> 10-16 delivery

11. Fergie20 macrumors member

I have a business account with 50-60 handhelds. I just switched the company from Sprint to Verizon on Friday and ordered 5 iPhone 5's (16 GB). I too have been told by my business account representative that not to expect delivery of these until 10/19.

He did say that Apple and Verizon have been VERY conservative with there delivery time statements to customers. It's always better for the device to arrive earlier than expected than later.

12. Haysbert macrumors member

I ordered through Apple

13. Devstar macrumors newbie

same

14. cipher29 macrumors regular

I was in this group, but, was able to just walk into a store on launch day and buy one with zero line... Cancelled the crazy pre-order.. I'm convinced Apple does this to try build demand etc..

15. Fergie20 macrumors member

I've browsed a few other forums and have read people ordering the end of last week and shipping next week.

I have a feeling Verizon and Apple are definitely being conservative on their shipping statuses........at least to customers.

16. Devstar macrumors newbie

Did you guys get any update? Mine is still Oct 9-15 - Processing :(

17. Chip Chanko thread starter macrumors member

Chip Chanko

Mine's still the same...

9/15 - 5:00pm - 64gb AT&T -> 10-16 delivery (standard delivery)

Interesting that they don't give better delivery options to all people who preordered. No charge on my credit card beyond the initial $1, either.

18. HaxorRob macrumors newbie

Ordered on Sept 17th, still processing available in 2-3 weeks
    estimate shipping october 11th to 17th, any one know if it might be moved up?

19. Sheik Yiboudi macrumors member

I pre ordered on Sept 14th, Apple.com at ~820p ET for a White 16gb AT&T iPhone 5. I still show processing items with delivery Oct 9-15th.

I have been to two apple stores (Cincinnati and Syracuse), three AT&T stores, best buy and sams club with no luck on walk ins.

20. iseras macrumors member

Apple's pre-order system is taking the piss. I ordered 45mins after the pre-orders went live on the 14th, and I have a delivery date of Oct 3-9, and it's still processing items. I know for certain people received their orders who pre-ordered way later than this. Anyone else with a similar situation?

21. Devstar macrumors newbie

Well, I'm from the UK and I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 on the 15th. It's still initially saying the same thing till now from when I ordered processing - Oct 9-15. Needless to say, I'm sick and frustrated :confused::mad::( that I haven't got my device yet. Also the thought of getting a defected iPhone 5, and having to waiting to get a replacement - I so hope this doesn't happen.

22. cmattp macrumors newbie

Ordered from Apple.com Sept. 16th 11:00am central time.
    Iphone 5 Black 32GB
    Shows Delivers Oct 10-16 by standard shipping
    Status still shows Processing Items.

23. Devstar macrumors newbie

Anyone got their status changed from processing yet?:confused:

24. ale2104p macrumors newbie

No change

Ordered on the 14th Sept, from then it says order processing 2-8 Oct. Was hoping this would change but it has not. BTW ordered in the UK

25. mb335 macrumors member

Ordered evening of Sep 14. No movement on Oct 9-15 delivery order.