iPhone 5 backplate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chalupa_batman, Apr 22, 2013.

1. chalupa_batman macrumors member

Has anyone ordered a new back plate for the iPhone 5? I bent mine pretty good this weekend and would like to fix it. Any one buy one and where did you get it?

Thanks!

2. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Do a google search or look on eBay. The piece in question is a back case, so it's pretty much the whole phone. Most of the internals are screwed down to the back case and it would require removing everything secured to it.

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

It's a hard job according to a tech that repairs iPhones for our company. He's very skilled & does good work. If you look around there's lots of small iPhone repair shops in well populated towns. Or use an online business. I've seen a few disassembled and it's a big job.

4. darster Suspended

I would imagine someone doing that repair would not be much cheaper than getting a refurb from Apple for $229.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think this is pretty accurate. It is a lot different than the 4/4S where you could replace it in 20 seconds. As others mentioned, everything is mounted to the back cover, which is actually a shell.

7. chalupa_batman thread starter macrumors member

I've fixed things like this before, so taking it apart and reassembling wont be a problem. I was looking for suggestions of websites that sell replacement parts that others have used before.

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

But if you want to replace the 4/s screen, have to disassemble everything!

Can't win. Whatever phone u have, make sure to mess up the "easy" part. :D

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

10. kevintech macrumors 6502