iPhone 5 battery and heat issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coltman75, Nov 11, 2012.

1. coltman75 macrumors regular

I've noticed that all of a sudden, my iPhone 5 will get crazy hot and then the battery will die absurdly fast. Like, I got the 10% battery warning after using it for 2 hours. According to the Battery Usage screen, it had been in standby for all but 2 minutes of those 2 hours.

I'm thinking that there is a process that is going haywire. I killed all my processes in the multitasking bar, but the problem is still happening. Any suggestions?

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

restore it???

3. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

I would do a hard reset (hold both the power / home). If that doesn't fix, restore.

4. stonyboys macrumors 6502

You get 2 hours of usage with 90% charge? What are you doing during the 2 hours?

5. Tunderrat macrumors newbie

6. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

You will have an app running in the background I suspect.

Also see the forum thread on how to manage your iPhone battery life by checking things like push notifications,and some of the location services.

7. YUOWI Suspended

More/less brightness ... These simple settings such as, you can save a lot of battery

8. ryan.apham macrumors member

1. Try lowering down the brightness. Whenever I put the brightness at 50%, after some Internet surfing/heavy game plays, it gets really hot. I think you can lower it to 1/3 of the max brightness bar, so it's still enough to look at the screen without consuming much of your battery.

2. Surfing Internet using 3G/LTE is a battery killer.

3. Remove all the cases you have?

4. Turn off unnecessary settings and see if it improves. Turn off Location, Notifications (like weather, stocks, etc.), Bluetooth and Wi-fi if you don't need them.

5. Don't charge and use your phone at the same time.

6. Try reset the settings.

7. If the 6 tasks above doesn't remedy the situation, try restoring your advice.

8. If it still does not get any better, either you think too much (leing being over OCD-ed :p) or the phone has hardware fault, in which, you should go to the nearest Apple Store and ask for a repair/warranty (or even replacement if your phone is just new).

9. coltman75 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the crazy thing. It says that it was on Standby for almost all of those 2 hours!!

----------

Yeah, this is my third iPhone, I've figured out all the battery stuff. I've talked to Apple on the phone, and they want to do a capture on my phone.

10. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Mine gets hella hot. It's weird. Might be a big in 6.0.1