iPhone 5 battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brentg33, Sep 16, 2013.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,
    i have a iphone 5 running the GM of iOS 7.
    However, the battery problem I am having, i dont believe is an iOS 7 issue.
    When my phone gets to low battery level...say < 20% and i do something like take a few pictures....the phone shuts itself off. a reboot shows the plug the phone in screen. Then yesterday, i wasnt doing any camera stuff and it was at about 17 - 18 % and it did the samething. I have had the phone since the 5 launch last year. I was thinking i should try a battery calibration...however, does anyone have a good link to how to do it. i have searched some and seen varying ways....
    or i was thinking that the battery itself is defective. and i should make a genius bar appointment.

thanks

2. paulsdenton macrumors 6502

paulsdenton

Did you ever get an answer? My grandson is having the same issue on his 5 with iOS 7.

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Yes my 5 is doing the same thing. Sometimes when its low on battery (<20%) it will just turn off when I launch an app. Its my guess its an inaccurate reading of battery by the OS and not a hardware issue.

4. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i did have my genius bar appointment. Their first guess was software....however, after they ran a diagnostic test, my battery had failed. They replaced the battery in-store in about a 1/2 hour.

5. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

At least they replaced it... Congrats!

6. n2deep macrumors member

Same here. I took mine into the Apple Store and they gave me a new phone.