iPhone 5 Battery Life-Again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stimm32, Feb 26, 2013.

1. stimm32 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I have one of the first iPhone 5's and I am beginning to wonder if my battery might be a bit of a dud. I am having significantly less battery life than on my 4, and I see many others that have been getting better battery life out of their 5's than I have. I am at 15% right now, and my usage time is 5 hours and 15 minutes, while my standby time is 12 hours and 3 minutes. This s slightly skewed because I plugged the phone in and added about 15-20% during the day today, but even more my point. What does everyone think? We do not yet have LTE where I live, so that hasn't been on. Primary usage has been Twitter, Facebook, web browsing, checking email, sending messages, etc. Automatic brightness is on. What does everyone think?

2. lalacharlee macrumors member

I turn off data and 3G when I'm not using it. Usually then nothing happens to the percentage, texting does nothing to the battery. It's when I'm playing games and on facebook however it chews through my battery like a yummy cookie. However when on WIFI this isn't such the case.
    Maybe turn location services off (when you know for a fact it won't be stolen like in your pocket or something lol) turn off data and 3G when it's not in use. And clear background apps all the time. This helped me significantly.