iPhone 5 Battery Life Improved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RotaryP7, Mar 5, 2013.

1. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I just bought an i5 2 days ago. I don't know why people are saying the battery life has been worse than past models.

On my 4S, I would end up having to charge it throughout the day. I would probably end up around 10-30% left at night.

I woke up at 7AM today. I've been using my 5 nonstop. Texting mostly. And trust me, if you have a GF, you will send texts and talk on your phone through the day. Right now, around 830PM. The iPhone is at 73%.

All of my settings are the same. Nothing has changed. And yes, I've had LTE on.

And btw, the phone is amazing. Weight, size, battery life as I mentioned, quick.

Very happy. :D :cool:

2. curly1290 macrumors newbie

My brother likes watching movie and video on iPhone, he still has to charge i5 at least once two days.

3. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Once in 2 days of use? I think that's better than me. Especially if he likes watching movies & videos on his i5.

4. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4 (which has about 1/4 the computing power) could get two days of light use between charges. The iPhone 5 has been no different, but I don't use it like a 6 year old glued to a Nintendo DS either.

5. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

My battery life has been pretty good. Coming from my 4S it's a big difference.

[​IMG]

6. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

I must use mine more than I thought. I cant last 6-7 hours let alone a full day. I must charge my phone before I leave for work or it wont make it home.

Even when I'm at work, and my phone is used the least, I drop to 30-50% in 8hrs. Its amazing how much battery a 5min run through my Simpsons game uses.

7. Browns2212 macrumors regular

I get pretty good battery life out of my i5.

I just think you have to be "smart" about how you use it. If you KNOW that you are going to be on it a lot playing games, texting, calling, facebook, twitter, internet, movies.....then you have to expect that it's not going to last all day. There is really only a couple of phones on the market that can do that. Just take your charger with you.

With what I consider "normal" usage I can easily get an entire day or more out if it. But I stream TuneIn Radio at work and I know that it kills my battery quickly. So, I make sure I take my charger every day and just plug it in. I've had it plugged in since 9 AM (when I started streaming with about 38% battery) and now I'm fully charged with it still plugged in. I will unplug for lunch and won't have to worry about it the rest of the day, even though I'll stream again from 3 to 5 pm.

It's really all about how you use your phone. You just can't expect it to last all day if you are on it constantly playing games, internet or streaming anything.

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

mine seems to be doing alot better this week then it has been since ive owned it. this is a record for be. i snapped this a minute ago before it died.

Attached Files:

9. mapledress macrumors regular

I have to charge my iPhone 5 every day, usually before going to bed. I like watch videos and movies on the device, and sometimes playing games to have fun. I have adjust to the battery life of any phone, so does the iPhone5. So it makes no sense to me.