iPhone 5 Battery Life: Normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Visionblue, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Visionblue macrumors member

Hey Folks

I purchased an iP5 about a month ago. Sine it's purchase the battery life has given me all sorts of problems.

At first I set the phone up with an ip4 backup but afterwords reset the phone and set it up as new as the battery life was deplorable (advice from you kind folks).

I've calibrated the battery, done hard resets, I have wifi, Bluetooth, and Lte almost always turned off. I shut down apps immediately after use and turn off location services when not using maps. I even had apple run a diagnostic on the battery and the results showed nothing wrong with the battery.

I woke up at 6am after charging to 100% overnight. It's now 7:15 and mind you I have been web browsing for about 45 min, but my battery is already at 85%.

I know battery life can vary, but is this normal? Even on an average day with "average use" the phone usually needs charged twice. I recently read a forum where the OP complained that their battery ONLY lasted one day. I'd kill for those stats!

My iP4 lasted all day and I always had it in hand. I used it to run a business and used it to talk, use google drive, text and all sorts of crazy multitasking. I suppose that's my only means for comparison and when I spoke with apple they said I couldn't expect that kind of battery life on the 5, which seemed crazy to me as its a 2+ year newer phone with a bigger battery. Is this the case?

As ways, I thank you in advance for your helpful advice!

2. nickprete11 macrumors regular

Yeah, that's probably normal. I used to have the same problem with my iPhone 5, and I took it in to get it replaced. I got the replacement a few days ago, and to be honest, the battery life isn't that big of an improvement. But I'd still take your phone in to get the Geniuses' to test the battery.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iPhone 5 Battery Life: Normal?

Your battery life is normal.
    Think of it this way. You get 30 min of usage every 10%.
    30 minutes X 10 = 300 minutes of usage
    300 divided by 60 = 5 hours of usage
    5 hours of usage is great.
    I get around 7 hours of usage with 3 apps using my location constantly to give me weather alerts.

4. toss002 macrumors regular

If you have iCloud synced...

If you have iCloud synced, turn off Safari.

(I have Wifi, Bluetooth and LTE always ON. My battery is pretty good. *IT was BAD before when I had iCloud Safari synced.)