iPhone 5 - Battery Life Problem on 3G.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rossagues, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

I have an iPhone 5 16GB (Launch Model).

I don't live in a 3G area at home so I use WiFi. But when I go to work in a 3G area.

My iPhone's battery life decrease so quickly while on 3G. At work I am using it for Facebook and Instagram occasionally using it.

So from a fully charged iPhone at 9am to 5pm usually my iPhone will be at about 3% before getting home around.

While I had my iPhone 3GS I lived in a 3G area 24/7 and the battery was never that bad.

Is it something wrong with my phone, or is it me being worried?

Ross

2. SledHeadMike macrumors newbie

I manage our phones at work and we just rolled out a few hundred iPhone 5. There were a few of them that this did happen to. We ended up asking for them to be replaced as we feel they were defective.

One other thing to check, have you hear of any hissing coming from your speaker at random? That is an issue I am dealing with as well and that can drain your battery too. That is why I had to ask.. :)

3. maliu macrumors 6502a

Turn off LTE. It will stop looking for it and use 3G.

----------

Turn off LTE. Make it stick to 3G, the constant searching is a battery sucker.

4. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

We don't have LTE in the UK. Its just O,E and 3G.

5. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Try resetting network settings under the settings app. Ive had instances were this fixes the battery issue. Also under location services make sure that you don't have timezone settings on or location based iAds or diagnostic information as it will use gps and kill the battery as well.

6. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

How do i reset my network settings? Cellular Data Network > Reset Settings?

7. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.