iPhone 5 Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CalmEnvy, Sep 17, 2013.

1. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

I just upgraded from my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 and was wondering what the average battery life was for the device. I got great battery life from my iPhone 4 and so far this is what I got with my 5 today:

Off Charger at 7AM
    Lite web surfing
    Texting all day
    4 Phone Calls
    Listend to music from 8AM-5PM (at work)

Battery Percentage at 6:47PM (45%)
    Usage: 9hrs, 7 mins
    Standby: 11hrs, 47 mins

I'm assuming I'll take a hit from iOS7 but I can't wait to upgrade. Just wondering if I'm in the average, normal, or above average for battery life. Thanks!

2. Kurso macrumors 6502

The increase in battery capacity from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 is tiny. But you have a bigger screen, more RAM, faster CPU, LTE, etc...

3. macsmurray macrumors member

All I'll say is, I hope you drive home and that you have an in car charger

4. ratigator macrumors regular

ratigator

I have a 5 that I got on day 1 last September, and I have a very similar schedule and usage pattern to yours. I would be happy if I still had 45% at the end of the day. There are days that I am at 45% by 2pm. I'm not sure what exactly makes the difference but if I do a hard reset, it seems to do a little better for a while. I'm pretty sure the battery lasted longer in my 4.

5. CalmEnvy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Don't drive home as I take the bus but it's after 7PM and my battery life is still at 45%.

I've gotten lucky so far with battery life on my iPhones, I usually get great battery life. Just trying to pin-point if my battery life on my iPhone 5 is good so far.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

My 3Gs usually gets me through 2-3 days! But I'm a pretty light user compared to most.

7. Bruins Fan macrumors member

Bruins Fan

iPhone 5 Battery Life

My battery life seems like its become worse. My Verizon iPhone 5 is a replacement from an Apple store in July (my power button failed).

Guess ill try to run it to zero then charge. Maybe a hard reset too?