iPhone 5 Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CalmEnvy, Sep 17, 2013.

1. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Feb 9, 2008
    I just upgraded from my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 and was wondering what the average battery life was for the device. I got great battery life from my iPhone 4 and so far this is what I got with my 5 today:

Off Charger at 7AM
    Lite web surfing
    Texting all day
    4 Phone Calls
    Listend to music from 8AM-5PM (at work)

Battery Percentage at 6:47PM (45%)
    Usage: 9hrs, 7 mins
    Standby: 11hrs, 47 mins

I'm assuming I'll take a hit from iOS7 but I can't wait to upgrade. Just wondering if I'm in the average, normal, or above average for battery life. Thanks!
  2. Kurso macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2013
    The increase in battery capacity from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 is tiny. But you have a bigger screen, more RAM, faster CPU, LTE, etc...
  3. macsmurray macrumors member

Nov 9, 2010
    All I'll say is, I hope you drive home and that you have an in car charger
  4. ratigator macrumors regular

Sep 26, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I have a 5 that I got on day 1 last September, and I have a very similar schedule and usage pattern to yours. I would be happy if I still had 45% at the end of the day. There are days that I am at 45% by 2pm. I'm not sure what exactly makes the difference but if I do a hard reset, it seems to do a little better for a while. I'm pretty sure the battery lasted longer in my 4.
  5. CalmEnvy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 9, 2008
    Don't drive home as I take the bus but it's after 7PM and my battery life is still at 45%.

I've gotten lucky so far with battery life on my iPhones, I usually get great battery life. Just trying to pin-point if my battery life on my iPhone 5 is good so far.
  6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Sep 7, 2010
    My 3Gs usually gets me through 2-3 days! But I'm a pretty light user compared to most.
  7. Bruins Fan macrumors member

Bruins Fan

Oct 8, 2012
    Boston, MA
    iPhone 5 Battery Life

My battery life seems like its become worse. My Verizon iPhone 5 is a replacement from an Apple store in July (my power button failed).

Guess ill try to run it to zero then charge. Maybe a hard reset too?