iPhone 5 Battery Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Visionblue, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Visionblue macrumors member

I recently purchased a brand new iP5 from AT&T with contract and thus far its truly been a great experience in every category except battery life.

I set up the phone with a backup of my iphone 4. My iP4 had amazing battery life, rarely going below 40% in a day and usually going a day and a half before requiring a re-up.

My iP5 goes from 100% to 20% in a few hours. I use it to text, browse and listen to music but not at the same time and not for long periods of time. It gets no more use than my iP4. The only exception to this is when I'm talking on the phone. Just now I had an hour long phone conversation on 30% battery and it only dropped to 25% (which was normal for the 4)

Any suggestions? I would hate to take the phone to be replaced as its otherwise a great phone but I will do it if necessary. It doesn't seem it will do me much good if it constantly needs to be plugged in!

Thanks!

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Restore and set phone up as new. When you restore from a previous iPhone, you are using the settings and whatnot that are optimized to run on that particular phone, thus they are not up to date with your iPhone 5. Its a pain to do, but I always set my new phone up as new when I get it. My battery life on my 5 is fantastic. I can go twice as long compared to my iPhone 4 and 4S.

3. Visionblue thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I thought that may be part of it but I wasn't sure. I know you can reload your apps from itunes once you start as new, but is there anyway to reclaim old text messages, contacts, etc?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You can sync contacts, calendar and bookmarks with iCloud, but unfortunately you cannot transfer over old messages.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Their is a way i know but i don't know what its called or performed. Do a google search.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2