iPhone 5 bestbuy email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kid1230, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kid1230, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

kid1230 macrumors newbie

This sucks so bad after waiting for my ready for pick up email i get this i ordered the white 16 gb and yeah not happening ! you guys think i can switch it to black if i call tomm early morning ???? ideas please !!!! BUMMED:(

Dear

I know that you're excited to get your new iPhone 5 and you can be sure we are as excited to sell it to you. Unfortunately, as of the night before the official launch, Best Buy® has not received enough of the specific model phone you ordered, and we will not have it available on launch day. You can be certain that we are working very hard to get you, as quickly as possible, the exact iPhone 5 model you pre-ordered. It could take as long as 28 days to find the iPhone you want. However, there is no doubt that the fact you pre-ordered a phone from Best Buy means you will be able to buy it before any consumer trying to find one on their own.

Trust us, we will be able to get you the phone you want – maybe not as fast as you might want, but likely as fast as anyone else at this point.

I really appreciate your patience and willingness to shop Best Buy. We look forward to getting you the phone you ordered with us.

Shawn Score
    Senior Vice President
    Best Buy

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

You can call, but you probably won't get anywhere. Chances are every iPhone that Best Buy gets has already been allocated to people who preordered.

Here's another idea - why not just try being patient? Is there some particular reason why you absolutely have to have an iPhone 5 tomorrow?

3. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not at all my friend just would of loved to be one of those who get it the first day released officially . I can wait !!:rolleyes:

4. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

This happened to me last year. I will never preorder from Worst Buy again.

5. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's my first time doing this with Best Buy so yeah did not know this would happen .... :(

6. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

OK, I've asked this question in other threads and I'll ask it here:

Why is it Best Buy's fault that Apple didn't supply them with enough inventory to fulfill all of their preorders?

Here's a dose of reality for you: if you didn't preorder straight from Apple in the first 1-2 hours after they started taking orders, you'd be in the same boat. This has nothing to do with Best Buy and everything to do with overwhelming demand.

7. Sputnek macrumors regular

Apparently my local BB on the 12th was racking together a list of people who would preorder with them. I was 2nd on their list. For some reason on the 14th, I ended up waking up around 2AM EST and was like "oh yeah, I could just order from Apple in an hour", and I am pleased that I made that decision. Well lesson learned is to not preorder from Best Buy in the future.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I had a co-worker order the iPad 2 last year and same situation. After a couple weeks, she got fed up and just got up early and got in line and purchased one at apple.

9. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand like i said i had no idea Im leaving my galaxy s2 for the iPhone 5 . First Apple product ever but i know it's not best buy's fault ! But i also think Apple should not send 30 models of each color and memory knowing there phones sell like hot cakes !:confused:

----------

idk if i should line up or just be patient i hope they dont have me waiting for the whole 28 days like it said in the email they sent me

----------

yeah im such a noob i guess lol

10. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

If you aren't busy tomorrow head out to a store right now and line up. You should still be early enough...depends on your location though.

11. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Definitely not putting the onus on Best Buy.

It's clear Apple overextended themselves with the pre-orders and saw fit to shaft one of their most important retailers.

I'm in the queue. Hopefully they'll have them in this weekend/early next week. If not, I'll get back my deposit and try other avenues.

12. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am going to be alone lol and idk if there people and how many i live in Santa ana California the bestbuy is in Costa Mesa !

13. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I meant go line up at a Apple/Verizon/ATT/Sprint store.

14. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

great idea i will do the same i hope they email me this weekend till early next week if not i will find my own way !!! ;)

----------

ill try sprint i just hope they can do something but since i pre ordered for bestbuy sprint will have me waiting till the people that pre ordered get theirs !

15. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Well they don't do preorders to pick up in stores as far as I know of. So if you go line up right now and are like 5th in line you will be the 5th person to buy one from them.

16. Sputnek macrumors regular

Naw OP you're not a noob, I would have also been a noob as well if I had not randomly woken up and acted on impulse. Just luck. Sorry.

17. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

i passed through a sprint an hour ago it was empty . i dont want to get assaulted hahahaa

18. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

True it is only midnight on the west coast forgot about that. They should open at like 8am so go there at like 5 or so. If that one was empty you should be fine going that late.

19. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

what if i wake up at 630 im shure they dont open that early but i can call in and make shure before i go ?

20. Sputnek macrumors regular

Pull up in one of these right to the door... you'll be fine ;)

Attached Files:

21. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

omg you gave me a good laugh thank you but if i would pull up with one of those i would rather park inside sprint and take my iphone 5 lmaooo jk :p

22. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I believe they open at 8...look online it should say. I am not going to guarantee you one way or the other what time you need to be there...in some places you are already to late if you showed up now. In others you could walk in at 10am and be fine.

23. kid1230 thread starter macrumors newbie

its 12:32 am in california ! so im way to early they just closed like 2 hours ago hahahaa

24. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Haha I know what time it is in the westcoast...but looking at some of the pictures on here some stores have gigantic lines already and have for a few hours now.

25. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

Because, every launch this happens. There is always an overwhelming demand. They take as many preorders as possible promising a 9/21 date, then send emails out like this. It's laughable because it sort of is Best Buys fault, every year they have limited stock and every year they over sell. When I worked in retail when I'd order or preorder something for a Customer, it would push dates back in real time as stock dwindled. You can use the overwhelming demand statement all day the system worked fine even on Black Fridays, with a couple hiccups for stock in the store through the whole holiday season but as a company it's their job to have a Ball park number of the units allocated to a certain store.