iPhone 5 Bestbuy Pre-orders...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeeMac2012, Sep 13, 2012.

1. LeeMac2012 macrumors newbie

Just spoke to several stores and they are accepting pre orders tomorrow but was told it was first come first serve bases. Kind of a bummer considering I have a gift card I was planning on using for it. Has anybody else spoke to BB and was giving a different answer?

2. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

do you think this is better then online appoach..

3. LeeMac2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Depends on the person. It doesn't help me much because I wanted to pick it up after work.

4. tsmithgolf2000 macrumors regular

That's how I purchased the iPhone 4. Went to a local Best Buy, maybe 30 mins prior to opening, was about 20th in line, took about 30 mins in the store after the doors opened. They only had maybe a 100 so they sold out quick, but by the time I was walking out people from the Apple store, which was down the street, were coming to the best buy as the line at the Apple store was wrapping around the building(s), hours and hours long.

5. maclook macrumors 65816

Why is it a bummer? I have a gift card too so I plan on preordering with them tomorrow.

6. LeeMac2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Because even if you are the first person to preorder, you still need to wait in line when the phone is released next Friday. The preorder does not guarantee you a phone on launch day. I have to work 8-5 that day so most likely the phone will be sold out before I get off.

7. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

Well I know some stores worked like that last year for the 4S, but I know that this year it's a little different, I work at best buy back home on LI but I am away at school now and I called up my local best buy in upstate NY and they told me that once I pre order the model I want, it will have my name on the box for me to pick up next friday... I didn't even mention to them I was an employee already because I wanted to hear what they were telling everyone and not just me to make me seem "special" or anything lol

8. maclook macrumors 65816

Oh. That's horrible. What exactly is the point of preordering then...?
    Let's hope solidsnake is right and that they're reserving phones for preorders.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile...rder-iPhone-5-with-bestbuy/td-p/574466/page/3
    I've been following this thread where one poster said preorders friday with a $50 deposit.

9. iMikeyy macrumors newbie

I did this at target. I pre ordered a couple days after the date pre orders started. I requested an appt to be made for me at like 11am release day, and picked it up no waiting. Only problem, the lady somehow screwed me out of my insurance, lost it in the shuffle somehow because I did an upgrade swap on a new line. I probably won't use them again, they're really slow and overwhelmed.