iPhone 5: Black or White?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Sep 12, 2012.

?

Which iPhone 5 are you getting?

1. Black

260 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. White

124 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

For those of you getting the iPhone 5, will you be getting black or white?

2. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

I wanted a white when the iPhone 4 came out but of course the white color took months so I ended up getting a black one. So I"m going to go with the white since I"ve had black for 2 years and a few months.

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Might choose black again although the white is definitely tempting.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

White. While I love the look of the black one's back, somehow I think I'll spend more time looking at the front of the phone. ;) I usually skin the back of my phones anyway (with an Element case covering the sides), so it'll be covered and won't much matter.

5. aCe87 macrumors newbie

Black screams, White sexy, hmmmm.

Right, I have a white new iPad, love it, have a white 4S, love it but the black iPhone 5 looks so nice. The black stainless band looks sleek and makes the phone on a whole look very striking. The white also looks gorgeous but I don't know the black just screams. On launch day I'll be in the line having those horrible last minute thoughts about the colour and after deciding wandering if it was the right choice (I'm weird like that). So what do you think guys, is the black the one to go for, is it the one that catches your attention more like it did with me or is the white the one to get this year? Both are sexy.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

LOL. I also have a white third generation iPad and white iPhone 4S. I was going to get a white iPhone 5 but I'm having second thoughts. I'm not so sure of the white having a silver aluminium back. I think it's too much of a contrast and doesn't look quite right. The silver band is fine as the 4S has that too. I kind of prefer the black anodised back and band of the black one and it just looks much better being all black and no striking contrast. I think I'll probably go for black this time.

7. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I was set on black, but the white just grew on me out of nowhere. I think it'll look great in person. I love my white 4S and now I'm a bit torn, but still leaning towards black.

8. Garrett67 macrumors regular

I was also leaning toward black, I think it looks pretty slick but there is something sexy about the white one.

I have to think about this before I wake up and order.

9. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

White. Have a white 4S and will get a white 5.

10. wutang61 macrumors regular

dark grey with black cant beat that.

me and my buddies talked about black anodized bands for the 4 and 4s glad they did something close to it.

11. ominx macrumors 6502

White. Because I like the look and I have a white iPad 3rd Gen. Plus it is unknown if the black anodized alluminum will scratch easily (depending on the process it may be raw underneath a top layer) and the black glass is pigmented rather than the white's ceramic. So without having the luxury of usage reports, I think the white will hold up better naked and I plan on keeping it just that.

12. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I have had the white 4S and have really liked it. So much that I had my mind set on the white 5, that was until yesterday. The black on slate just looks killer. I have flipped back and forth with every iphone so if history repeats it will be black again.

13. Coxey70 macrumors newbie

I love the black BUT without a doubt its the worst one to go for if you want to keep it looking nice. The black anodised band and back will scratch the first day you get it if anyones ever owned a Maglite same thing "anodised" and I bet its scratched somewhere I don't think the white version will show up as much having a silver band, I didn't want to go white but in my opinion the black iPhone 5 will start looking tired and old very quickly.

14. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

15. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Color me odd, but the "slate" anodized aluminum back just turns me right off, especially against the black black, but the white and silver is just gorgeous to me.

16. Coxey70 macrumors newbie

I agree but it will scratch as soon has a coin goes anywhere near it.

17. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Had the 4 in black and always wanted white. It was definitely a hard decision with this iPhone though. The black looked absolutely gorgeous. And I see Apple mainly went with the black model for most of their promotions and pictures on the web, unlike the 4S where it was mainly shown in white.

So this time I'm definitely going with white. I think it looks cleaner and it would match my iPad. I'm sure many will get black though. It'll probably become as popular as white was for the 4S

18. NJFP macrumors 6502

Went with black, but the wife wanted a white one this time.

19. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I love the way the new black iPhone looks. I was all ready to get white this time but once it was shown I changed my mind.

20. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

black

I would have loved to get a white phone, but I think iPhone 5 looks so much better in black than white.

21. theGAPkid macrumors regular

I chose white for a couple of reasons. First and foremost was durability. White, I feel, won't show up finger prints as much and more importantly, I don't think it will be as prone to scratching - or if it is, it won't be as noticeable.

Secondly, like the 'industrial' design of the white iPhone. I think it looks more natural and organic. I never thought I'd describe a phone like that, but I love the untainted look about it. :eek: