iphone 5 black vs white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UKBeast, Sep 26, 2012.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

I am thinking to order an iphone 5 but not really sure what colour i should go through. White one seems elegant, clear and eyecatching but the white frame is distracting with apps black backgrounded. Black iphone is too dark but the black frame is good to have to match the colour of ios.

Apart from that my biggest concern is the scratch gate ?

is it true that iphone 5 can easily be scratched ?

if it is, then why is whiye iphone 5 is hard to scratch ? what makes the difference ?

2. 2SwiFt29 macrumors regular

2SwiFt29

Simple advice... go to your local Apple store and check them out in person... can't go wrong with either one...

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Did this and the white is much more attractive than the black with the iPhone 5. This is the first time I've thought this with any previous version of the iPhone.

4. toondw macrumors 6502

I wouldn't worry about scratchgate, most people are fine with black, obviously if you have a problem you let people know about it hence lots of topics on scuffing.

I have a black iphone 5, no cover, and i work on a farm.....5 days in and its still as new.

However, i do like the white but if your a watcher of video on your phone then it has to be black. The white just doesn't cut it for that stuff.

5. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

There are dozens of threads on this. Please search and don't clutter.

Scratch gate is a made up media event.

Some people like white, other people like black.

thread end.

6. greg555 macrumors 6502a

From the Apple web site photos I liked the look of the black better, but when I saw them in person I like the white one better.

There is still the question (for me) of whether the white face causes any problem in use. I guess I'll be able to decide once my son gets his new iPod touch and I try it out.

7. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Tossed this around for quite some time myself. Then, after seeing them in person, I went with white. Couple reasons really. First, I've had a black one since the 3G. Second, I really like the way the white looks. I thought I liked the black better from pics, but after seeing them both in person, I just prefer the look of the white. (Didn't care for the black anodized aluminum on the black as much as I thought I would in person).

Lastly, I'm going to buy a case this time around. The white and gun metal gray Otterbox Commuter I'm ordering will look great, IMO, with the white phone. :D