Iphone 5 blk - Flash doesnt work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by malochico1, Oct 11, 2012.

1. malochico1 macrumors 6502

So just recieved my iphone after placing the order on 21st. Looked for scratches and dents etc, everything looked great. Bought the full body shield from ghost armor and took me an hour to get on properly.

2 days later i needed to use my phone as flash light and realized it didnt work! I thought it may just be that app so i dloaded another that didnt work. I then opened my camera turned flash on and took a pic, that also didnt work. Last resort i turned on video with flash on and again no flash!

Did restore, did restart etc...Is it time to replace already? What is the quickest way to do this? or do i have to wait 21 days again for the new one to come in.

I can hear something rattling by the camera inside the phone when i shake it as well...:(:mad:

2. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

Calling apple care would probably be the quickest way to get it replaced. That sucks about the ghost armor install. It sounds like you’re going to have to redo it.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

it is normal for the auto focus camera lens to rattle.

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Most i5's have that rattle.

5. malochico1 thread starter macrumors 6502

i hope this is something they can just fix instead of replacing the entire phone...would hate to take off and re-install the shield..

6. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

definately get it replaced. I would have done that without all the restarts since flash should work with the camera.

----------

?? not sure about that.

7. malochico1 thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Bahroo macrumors 68000

it is true, its the auto focus lens, it has a very slight space between the lenses in the phone, if you want to determine whether its something else rattling like the buttons, hold the buttons down and see if the noise stops, but the camera rattle is normal

9. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Is mine the only one that doesn't rattle? I'd never heard any rattling and cannot duplicate it with my i5. Perhaps I'm not doing it right.

10. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Ive had a iPhone in the past that hasnt had a rattle but most of them do..it doesnt really matter to me because i know its just part of the design