IPhone 5 Brick and Mortar Launch Day Supply

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mediaprodguy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mediaprodguy macrumors member

Ok, so I have looked all over the forum and haven't come across this:

Does anyone have any idea the stock levels the stores will have of the IPhone5 for launch day?

Is there any data we can get to show what was available for the Iphone4/4s for launch at Apple stores / ATT and the like?

Surely I am not alone in wanting to map out a good plan of attack to get the phone I want Friday and the size and color combo :)

2. appswipe macrumors 6502

The only plan of attack is to get there early and be in the front of the line. Or preorder like everyone else.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Your best bet is to find a place that may be a bit off the beaten path, i.e., Radio Shack instead of VZW/ATT or Best Buy.

Given the excitment and high volume of pre-orders I'd say inventory is going to be very low and the lines very long.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Knowing what was available for the 4 or 4s would be of little value.

You don't think they would adjust things each time based on various factors?

Also, even if you knew how many went to each store, you do not know:

* how many people still want a phone on day 1

* how many people that might have done instore before did preorder this time instead

* how many people will go to a different store this time. Apple, ATT, VZ, Walmart, Sams, Best Buy, Radio Shack,etc.

Even the whiz kids at Apple can not answer the items * above.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Unless you have a crystal ball or time machine, your best bet will be as others said: get to the store early, hope the line isn't too long, and wait.

6. fridayxiii macrumors member

For the record there's no "pre-order and pickup at the store" this release. Everyone online at the store will be in the same boat, and the same queue.