iPhone 5 - Bridging yet again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FatMax, Oct 9, 2012.

1. FatMax, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

I AirPlay alot.

I have noticed while Airplaying, if I accidentaly touch the seam om the top left (with the silent rocker) for a second or two, the reception is so bad that airplay stops completely. Anyone else noticed this?

I never had a issue on the 4 or 4S with the whole antenna gate thing...

UPDATE:

So here it is. Mind you, I don´t carry my phone around like that. Having said that, It doesnt take a genius to figure out that when I carry it when picking it up to go from A to B, this happens.

Link to Video on YouTube

2. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Since that part is not an antenna, whatever you think is happening, isn't.

3. Vizin, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Perhaps you're telepathic and whenever you think it happens, it does. It's like ESPN over AirPlay.

See what I did there?;)

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Misinformed user is misinformed.

6. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

These are the dumbest replies I have ever seen.

I will have to record this for you then. Expect it up later today.

7. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Are they really dumb replies or are you just upset they didn't validate your claim?

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL.... dumbest replies that are telling you facts about the iPhone. Yeah.... dumb

9. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

Hey ? I´m no idiot. Do you really think I´m propped full of LSD, imagining that Wifi seriously shuts down...?

10. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Pretty much, yeah.

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

No but someone says the antenna isn't located where you're touching it. If that's the case, how can it be causing your condition. The reason 4 did it (antenna issues) is because of the location of the antenna..... You explain it because I can't. What's wrong with LSD? You can be hopped up on LSD and still have the issue. I say give it a try and have a great time!

Sorry you're mad. :mad:

12. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

The only issues I've had with the wifi signal dropping is when I lay the IP5 flat on a desk or table or something. It drops out completely. Gets really annoying when downloading updates or whatever overnight only for it to stop when wifi drops out.

The signal drops, but doesnt cut out, when I lay it flat on my hand.

But meh, its far from being the most serious issues of the many already present with this iteration. The 5S will no doubt be a big improvement once they have all the feedback from the beta testers.

13. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I totally agree and patiently await the video.

14. dk206 macrumors regular

Gawd so many Apple fan boys. Ignore it OP.. Just upload a video. However you should know fan boys will still dismiss your claim. So take it the Apple Store and show it to the geniuses.

15. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

When using youtube etc, I believe the Apple TV is pulling the video down from it's own wifi connection. I just started a video and immediately put the phone into airplane mode and the video finished like normal.

Are you using airplay mirroring or just airplay?

16. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

Thank you for the more serious replies.

For the other ones; Have you ever studied electronics ? There may be a grounding issue on my phone, that´s why I asked here if any other had noticed this issue. There is absolutely no help in calling me psychotic.

I will, as I said, upload a video when I get home later today.

----------

No, just regular Airplay. Mirroring is horrible :p

17. Appleseeds macrumors regular

I did not read anywhere in the thread anyone calling you psychotic.
    However just because people are not telling you what you want to hear, does not mean they are being rude or fanboys.

18. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

IF no video is provided with sufficient evidence, don't blame me for what happens.

Also, make sure a piece of paper with your MR username is in the video or you mention your username, otherwise we wont believe you.

19. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

From Wikipedia, Psychotic:
    Now, this is just trolling from my part, so lets move on to the issue and see if anyone else experiences this. Its annoying, you know.

20. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

You're the one that compared it to "Antennagate" in your thread title, so there's no use getting annoyed when people negate your own theory. You didn't suggest you had a grounding issue, or perhaps something wrong with your particular phone, you suggested that there was a design issue with all iPhone 5s. Very different proposition.

Still awaiting that video...

21. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

FatMax here's the rules, don't reply until you post a video. Otherwise, see yah!

22. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

Well, if touching a part of the sides of the phone causes it to malfunction in some way, then the most recent issue I would relate it to will most certainly be Antennagate, yes. I never suggested this is a fault with all iPhone 5s, I specifically asked if anyone else has noticed this. I have never experienced this on any of my other iPhones.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That would be the first thing that came to my mind too (antenna-gate). Someone posted this a few days ago, and I remember someone responding saying they tested a bunch of iphone5's out and there was an issue with wifi dropping out when touching above the volume slider simply with one finger. I would probably get it replaced b.c it seems like a small few phones were affected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMGJKkbaL88

24. bova80 macrumors 6502a

who the heck holds their phone like that? not to mention if you block any devices antenna the signal will drop.