iPhone 5 BT issues with Lexus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tonyy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Anyone have issues connecting their iphone 5 hands free connection to their Lexus?

My wife's phone connects perfectly with her Infiniti and all functions work. Siri, etc.

I'm wondering if its problems with the Lexus software? I have a 2011 is250.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

No problem here with 2010 is250c. But Siri is a no go. :mad:

3. trentriver macrumors newbie

iPhone w/Lexus

I have an iPhone 5 and a 2006 RX 450h and they work fine together.

4. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Hmm.. My phone finds the cars BT but they can't connect. I keep getting an error saying they could not be paired.

I wonder if being JB or not running the latest Apple FW could be an issue

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

BT connection between my iPhone 5 and 2009 RX works just fine. It worked before I jailbroke and still works just fine afterwards.

6. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Dang. This getting annoying. I've done a hard reset on my phone and defaulted the system too.

Seems like some people work fine and others have issues on other forums.

7. WhyHelloThur macrumors newbie

I think its a phone specific problem. My release iPhone 5 was able to pair with my 2011 Audi A4, no problems. I recently sent the phone back via applecare and the one I received has been unable to pair with the car.

Same problems as you described. It can see the car, but unable to pair.

8. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Well, I THINK I can help with your problem. Just delete ALL BT pairings you have in your car, and re-pair the phone you just got.

Let us know if that works for you....it did for me.

Unfortunately no one seems to be able to help me with my problem. About 50% of the time I initiate a call on my iPhone 5, the phone will switch itself from car's handsfree to the phone itself. I then have to press the button to change the source back to handsfree. It works fine after that. About half the time it stays connected to the car's handsfree when I initiate a call from the iPhone. I have a 2012 Acadia Denali that worked perfectly with my Thunderbolt.

9. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Yep, I've deleted all remembered phones so its clear.. Still no go. I also reset all to default settings on the car and that hasn't worked either. Sucks

10. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

What doesn't work specifically?

My father uses his iPhone5 in his new Toyota with Toyota/Lexus Entune and it works perfectly.

11. GolfnCPA macrumors member

GolfnCPA

When is the last time you took your car in to have the system updated?

12. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

The iphone sees the "car multimedia" so I tap it to connect. It takes a minute or two then a pop up on both phone and car screen says could not connect. The message on the phone says make sure the cars BT is in range or discoverable but it is.

----------

I just got the car over the weekend. Is there a way to check the FW and see if its up to date?

13. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Have you contacted toyota and asked them yet?

14. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

They said to keep trying and bring the car back in for a tech to look over.

15. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Start fresh. Go into your Navigation and setup menu, go to Bluetooth settings, press registered devices and delete all of them in the menu.

Press the off hook switch on the steering wheel and press connect phone, turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and press car multimedia. Pair phone.

If you need any additional help, pm me and I can trouble shoot over the phone.

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

There is a known issue with iOS 6 and a number of car stereos that need firmware updates. Yours might be one of them.

17. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Thanks. I will try as you suggested. I'll PM you if it doesn't work.

----------

That's what I've been seeing upon research on forums. Do you know how to check the FW? Or is that only something Lexus can check?

18. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Can't imagine Lexus to be not helpful. Ask maintenance department if there is a resident "audio guy" you can speak to.

19. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

Tony, I've got a 2008 Lexus 460 that I bought new. I've paired both my iPhone 4 and my newest iPhone 5 via BT and not had a single problem. Have you checked to see if the BT on your phone works properly with other BT accessories?

20. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

No dice. I've resettled everything to default and it still can't pair up.

----------

I have tethered my ipad to my phone via BT so I believe it's working properly. Good thinking though, thanks.

21. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I had the same issue connecting my jailbroken iPhone to my Porsche Cayenne (only the first time). I tried restoring without a jailbreak and then re-pairing and it worked fine. Definitely something to do with the jailbreak.

22. tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Oh man.. I hope that's not the case for me. I'll try it if that's my only option. But it sucks to lose a JB just so I can connect my phone to my car.

23. Mrbobb macrumors 601

All you JB people have GOTTO disclose this little tidbit.

Is like modifying the car then go back to the dealearship and ask, How Come it Doesn't Work? :rolleyes:

24. tonyy, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

tonyy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Its not like im saying this is Lexus' fault? I'm fully aware of things not functioning fully if a JB is present.. Which is why I'm not freaking out.

Thanks for your insightful post.

And that in bold.. is nothing remotely close to what is being discussed in this thread. Try again.

25. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Do you by any chance have Auxo installed? I had the same issue (not with a Lexus) and what I had to do was restore the iPhone, pair it, jailbreak, and then install Auxo.

If you DO have Auxo maybe you can uninstall it and then pair.. not sure.

It most likely is something to do with the jailbreak though, unfortunately you can't restore it now without losing the jailbreak :/