iPhone 5, Buy now or Hold off?

Should I buy an iPhone 5 now?

• Total voters

macaronia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
I am one of the people who decided to return their iPhone 5 and wait until Apple resolve the anodise scuffing issue. I miss the iPhone 5 but I don't want to buy and return it again.

What is your opinion, should I buy now or should I hold off for a little longer?

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I am one of the people who decided to return their iPhone 5 and wait until Apple resolve the anodise scuffing issue. I miss the iPhone 5 but I don't want to buy and return it again.

What is your opinion, should I buy now or should I hold off for a little longer?
Don't buy. You won't be happy.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Since Apple seems to be quietly accepting the problem and replacing, I'd feel comfortable buying now.

Last edited:

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
yeah i don't see apple chaning anything... they might get rid of the scuff-out-of-the-box problem but they won't change anything in terms of production or material

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
2 thoughts:

One, if you're the type of person that would hold off initially b/c of this & start a thread about it, I would wait b/c you aren't going to be happy If there's the slightest speck of dust on your phone when you take it out of the box. Right?

Second, Phil Schiller had an interesting email yesterday explaining that he thought the "scuffing" issue is a normal, non-issue, so I don't see anything changing.

Just my thoughts.

macaronia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
2 thoughts:

One, if you're the type of person that would hold off initially b/c of this & start a thread about it, I would wait b/c you aren't going to be happy If there's the slightest speck of dust on your phone when you take it out of the box. Right?

Second, Phil Schiller had an interesting email yesterday explaining that he thought the "scuffing" issue is a normal, non-issue, so I don't see anything changing.

Just my thoughts.
I don't think you read my post, I didn't hold off initially. I'm now though, because I don't want to keep returning damaged goods to apple.

Last edited: