iphone 5? buy or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by verseafterverse, Aug 28, 2013.

  1. verseafterverse macrumors member

    Mar 17, 2013
    Would you buy a iphone 5 atm or would you wait until the 5s.
  2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

    Jan 9, 2006
    I just bought one last Friday. I needed a phone needed it now so I got it. Personally if I didn't need it I would have waited. But if you need phone the 5 is still a great phone and will be for a while. If you have to have the latest and greatest or you have a current working phone its probably better to wait.
  3. eyoungren macrumors Core


    Aug 31, 2011
    ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
    I just bought one for my wife last Friday too. The money was there to buy it now. But it wouldn't be in a month or so. So, it was a matter of iPhone 5 now or nothing later.

    Which is fine because I have the i5 and like it and I really don't see much in the 5S that would cause me to drop everything to try and get it.

    My wife also didn't want to wait a month for what will probably just be the standard 'S' model upgrades.
  4. verseafterverse thread starter macrumors member

    Mar 17, 2013
    at the moment i have a crappy droid and was thinking possibly of getting one with tmobile but i got it for 479 and over night shipped with tax from virgin mobile so i guess ill try prepaid for a bit as i didnt really want to sign a contract
  5. ajt1995 macrumors 6502

    Jun 14, 2013
    Get it at Walmart.

    Attached Files:

  6. muuhamed macrumors member

    Feb 13, 2013
    Deff wait man, the 5S will be here in less than a month now :D
  7. boshii macrumors 68040


    Jul 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    If you have a working phone, it will be worth it to wait.
  8. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a


    Dec 23, 2012
    If the iphone 5 is enough for your needs get it, you can find it really cheap now :)
  9. Warcake macrumors regular

    May 20, 2013
    It's only a few weeks away, so the most logical choice would be to wait. If you need a phone ASAP, then you would've already gotten a 5.
  10. Motherload0211 macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2013
    As soon as the iphone 5S comes out and you don't want it, the iphone 5 will be reduced in cost over what it is today
  11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6


    Aug 17, 2007
    Agreed. If you need one now, get it, if not I'd wait.
  12. 576316 macrumors 601

    May 19, 2011
    It's like 13 days until they're announced and then like a week after until they're released. Wait man!
  13. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a


    Jan 21, 2011
    New York
    Wait! At least see the official specs of the new iPhone 5CGKZKLEIAOWLNG
  14. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

    Aug 28, 2013
    The main reason to hold off now is iPhone 5 is about one year into it's lifecycle and period of support. If you buy the new iPhone 5S you'll likely get a device that will be supported with software updates for at least one year longer than the 5.

Share This Page