Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whitesand

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
We got the Iphone 5:apple: on the official launch date I was mega excited but but I left it in the box till my wife got home because it was a present for her....Anyway, after we went through the activation process she calls me on my old flip phone.....I couldn't believe it! It was like a night and day difference from her old 3gs..Her voice was crystal clear, almost as if we weren't using phones at all...I call other people using her new iphone..Same story...They all commented on how clear our voice sounded on the new Iphone 5:apple:

AMAZING!

whitesand

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Wow...I can't believe no one has commented on the call quality yet...It is simply outstanding!

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
I do find the call quality very very good. Much better than any other phone I have used before.

Verizon network for me.

whitesand

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
AT&T.....Everyone I called was amazed at how clear it was coming from my end...Literally like a HUGE difference from our other phones...Mine is a regular ole nokia flip phone (yeah I know) and my wife's was an iphone 3gs now replaced with the Iphone5:apple:.....Perhaps it's not much different from the I4 and I4s, but from these it seems like a massive difference..:apple:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Agreed here, too -- I can hear the people with whom I'm talking much more clearly and they can hear me much more clearly. One friend was in a really noisy environment -- the gym -- when I called, and she commented almost immediately, "wow, this is amazing, I can hear you so well and it used to be that it was hard to hear you when I was here in the locker room." BIG difference from my iPhone 4! (She was on an iPhone 3GS.) Carrier for both of us is AT&T.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
AT&T here too. I found the audio (what I hear) also to be fantastic. On the phone yesterday with a client and it was so quiet when they weren't talking that I actually asked once if they were still there.

starvinmarvin

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
NW, Germany
Yeah, the quality is really nice. But then again quite irritating to me. I'm somehow used to the noise in the background to know the other person is still there/the call is not interrupted. :eek:

whitesand

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Great, so it looks like even iphone4 users are noticing a big improvement...Thanks for the feedback.

Diana Prince

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
I am with Sprint and I have to say, OP, this is the FIRST thing I noticed. The call volume, clarity and overall quality is noticeably improved (not that is was terrible on the 4S). I use my speakerphone a lot and I am quite pleased.

Buskape

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
NGC 4889
Indeed i agree, i got my iPhone 64gb white and called all my friends and they all commented on how loud and clear my voice was! They were really amazed. And the noise cancelling works very well in a club! I'm pretty impressed and still discovering this phone.. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.