iPhone 5 Camera Flash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infinityharry, Sep 23, 2012.

1. infinityharry macrumors member

infinityharry

had some trouble last night with the firing time of the flash on the iP5's camera where the flash would fire too early...
    so just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. I think it may be in just certain lighting conditions

2. josh bear macrumors regular

Yes. I have the same problem. Flash goes on. Flash goes off. Pic taken! Any fixes?

3. jpcapili macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too in dark places. That would defeat the purpose of having a flash.

4. josh bear macrumors regular

Ok. Just googled for a fix. Do a hard reset pressing the home button and on off switch until the apple sign appears. This provides a temp fix for people.
    Josh

5. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

flashgate.

luckily, can be fixed easily with iOS 6.0.1

What i wonder is, whether the flash has improved over 4S cause i can't say great to the 4S's flash. But i don't know if that's because mine is white?

6. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

What?

Wait, you guys serious?

Flash suppose to go off before the pic is taken, yes...:confused:

7. jpcapili macrumors newbie

Okay my problem got fixed. I deleted a flashlight app and restarted my phone. Not sure if the app was related to the issue or the restart fixed it.

8. Shanef94 macrumors newbie

I'm having issues with the iPhone 5 flash it lights up in dark places but goes out and doesn't flash bright when taking the photo so makes it quite dull if not blurry any ideas?