iphone 5 camera flaw

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
so i guess this purple haze iphone 5 camera has produce this purple haze color mine has this issue does every iphone 5 suffer from this?? if so what could we do

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
You may have a defective camera. My i4 had one. Post an example please.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Really my camera is fine only when I angle it at bright lights there's a purple light that shows through the camera apple said it was widespread

Hammie

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Really my camera is fine only when I angle it at bright lights there's a purple light that shows through the camera apple said it was widespread
There is a dedicated thread for this. Do a search for "iPhone 5 purple haze" and you will see it. Read through and see examples.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Okay thanks but just wondering if every iPhone 5 has this issue I was going to exchange it but if its widespread than there's no point

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I didn't find out about this issue on MR until after I swapped out my phone. The original phone I got had 3 dents on it. I took a few pictures with it before swapping it out for a flawless unit.

I was deleting those pictures from my photostream today when I noticed one of them had a purple haze (top side).

My friend who works at Apple says they should be able to fix that via a software update. It has to do with variations in the optics of the camera module.

Attachments

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
^^^^ I would return that device. It is clearly a faulty camera/part.
That photo was taken with the original phone I got, which had 3 dents. The replacement phone I got doesn't have this purple haze effect. :)

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Apples tech support is now saying that you are holding it wrong. Seriously. They are telling people to not hold it in a way that the sun can interfere.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

iPhone 5 psychedelicgate. your phone has the jimmy hendrix, lol.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
How is it that some iPhones suffer from this purple haze and some don't I don't get it I mean my phone has this should I call apple and exchange it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.