iPhone 5 Camera focus seems to be slowing down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensporebomb, Jun 21, 2013.

1. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

I ran into a weird situation where it appeared I was photographing the same bird in every photo I took outdoors and I realized it appeared to be a piece of dust or debris inside the lens of the phone.

It was definetely not outside on the lens.

I took pains to wipe the phone down with a microfiber cloth and in time it appeared the "bird" vanished but it seems like the phone is taking longer to focus on whatever I'm trying to photograph.

I actually will make sure I wipe the lens prior to taking a picture which adds to the time to take a shot anyway now but wondered if anyone else had encountered this?

Apple will think I'm crazy but I can't believe how much slower it seems now. I wonder if there is still debris in the lens assembly confusing the camera somehow causing the slowdown.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'd take it in if you think there's a legit problem.

3. aliensporebomb thread starter macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Yeah

It's weird - I thought at first the shots with the dustbunny seemed to be a "yeah, take it in" but then the dustbunny vanished but the other iPhone5 phones in my social circle around me don't seem to have this "um, er, is that a photo you want me to take? clik" effect.