iPhone 5 Camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple.fan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. apple.fan macrumors member

apple.fan

Hey guys, i'm just wondering what camera will the iPhone 5 have. You think its going to be better than the 4s? With how many MP ? :)

2. sixteen12 macrumors regular

About the same, 8MP but improved quality.

If we get something near the Lumia 920 I'd be happy.

3. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Agreed. I dont think we will see a MP bump, but a better sensor, wider aperture with less low-light noise would be ideal.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

hoping for better native camera software. I like all the things the S3 camera can do, the different modes, the best shot feature is pretty slick.

5. kannesss macrumors 6502a

i figure it will be pretty much the same. It would be a nice bonus to update though

6. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple make some pretty substantial improvements, the camera has featured heavily in the last 3 iPhone keynotes.

3GS - Video recording (possibly some other things were demoed, can't remember off the top of my head)
    4 - 5MP lens, LED flash and 720P, front facing FaceTime camera
    4S - 8MP lens, custom optics, face detection, 1080p and image stabilisation.

7. sixteen12 macrumors regular

The 3GS camera upgrade was huge. The 3G's camera was so bad its laughable. See below the improvements. I think its safe to say we'll see another marked improvement on a similar level.

[​IMG]

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm not worried about how many MPs it has. Its a phone with a camera, not a super duper high end take snapshots of Mars type of camera.
    But I'm hoping for better low light abilities, and maybe a better flash.

9. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wow. Didn't realise just how bad the 3G's camera was, I've seen that photo before but had completely forgotten.