iPhone 5 Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RolledUp20s, Sep 14, 2012.

1. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

no mention of apple cases this time.

i really wanna go bare back with the iPhone 5 but i freak everytime i think i see a scratch on my iPhones i'm best getting one.
    Screen protectors are damn ugly, so i tend to avoid them.

with my 4S i used a Griffin eWallet and had a bench sock before that until it started looking tatty :)
    So, what are you all going to use? pics would be nice :D

2. mac.cali macrumors 65816

3. leenak macrumors 68020

4. Lloyd Braun macrumors newbie

LOL. My mind's in the gutter today…

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Each year as I give away my iPhone to family or a friend they are amazed that it's handed to them in it's original box, all packaging & docs repacked like the day I received it. Upon removing the phone, their smile widens once they've noticed it's as shiny & perfect as new. Not a cratch or mark on it, even if inspected with a loupe.

I don't use a case much less a screen protector. All that's required is to be mindful of how it's being carried & used. If by some stroke of bad luck I drop it & damage it, my local Apple store sells new replacements :)

6. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I thought the same thing.

7. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, my job involves screwdrivers, screws etc being in my pockets. not a good mix - iPhone & scratchy bastard screwdrivers poking around lol.
    \any idea how much apple would charge to replace the 32GB if i damaged it? with the 4S 16GB it was £150, not bad. although they replaced mine free one time..in band camp

8. leenak macrumors 68020

My concerns are basically, I through my phone into my purse, I plan to take it to the gym (where it is probably at the most danger of accidental droppage) and I've dropped phones multiple times. I even dropped a work issued blackberry so many times that it finally stopped working. I guess I'm not gentle. :)

I don't plan to get a heavy duty case myself but do plan to get possibly a couple for different uses (gym vs every day)

9. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

..it was intended :)

10. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I reserve one front pants pocket for my iPhone only. I've done this for so long, I don't forget & toss keys or anything else in with.

I'm a huge rather addicted fitness buff. When going to the gym the phone stays in a dedicated pocket of my gym bag & voicemail is updated to explain I'm busy. When out hiking, rock climbing, kayaking or surfing, I carry a dumbphone in a special waterproof bag.

By detaching from my iPhone in adverse conditions thers's no worry about damaging it.

12. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

13. leenak macrumors 68020

Well I plan to play music/stream radio with my iPhone at the gym. I'm a bit odd where I don't like people calling me so unless I'm expecting your call, I won't pick up the phone :) If I'm at the gym or out running/walking/whatever, I also won't. I'm not too worried about hiking because I have a decent pocket in my backpack for phone but kayaking, I don't take a phone but I'm not doing river kayaking :)

----------

And there is a crazy video on youtube of the guy throwing his iPhone across the room in the case. I'd never even risk it. I think cases like the twig case give some personalization to the iPhone. He hasn't released the designs yet for the iPhone 5 but I'm guessing they are similar to the iPhone 4. I'm waiting to see what he comes up with.

14. ukickmydog9123 macrumors newbie

Just Pre-ordered a twig case. They look great, shouldn't add that much heft to the phone itself.

15. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I think it's $200 across the board

16. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

If you think there is a high chance of you ruining your iPhone, investing in applecare plus is a good idea. If the phone is still okay, but you still want a new one, throw it against the wall and pay $49 for the "accidental" damage. Or if you're lucky, the genius there might just replace yours for free.

17. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you had an iPhone 3G or a 3GS then i don't believe that for a second.
    Those two got scratches if you looked at them too hard.
    :p