Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Are they able to make it with dual chips?
I thought I remember rumors on this in the past.

Stein357

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Rip City
Yes they are able to but I think it will be an LTE phone when Apple finally brings it to Verizon, making a CDMA iPhone would mean investing a lot of money on a standard that will soon be replaced.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Yes they are able to but I think it will be an LTE phone when Apple finally brings it to Verizon, making a CDMA iPhone would mean investing a lot of money on a standard that will soon be replaced.

Unless they wait many years down the road, I can NOT see them releasing a LTE phone that doesn't support CDMA. That would be like releasing a 3G phone on ATT even now that doesn't support GSM. Too many areas it wouldn't work.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Is the painted VZW logo going to be on the front or back?

Why do people still bring this up?

None of the other networks throughout the world have got their logo or any other branding onto the iPhone case so Apple aren't going to make an exception for Verizon.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008

I just saw the rumor on the front page. Note, it said CDMA and not LTE.

Knowing Apple, it would be more likely to be straight CDMA, even if Verizon has started to roll out LTE by then. CDMA would be fast enough for now, and it would give a reason to upgrade in another year/18 months. Like Apple releasing the original iPhone with 2G even though ATT had been supporting 3G for some time at that point. Gave a reason to upgrade to the 3G, even though there weren't many other improvements in that version (GPS). I, though, had waited due to the 2G nature of the first phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.