iPhone 5 chord

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjespo22, Sep 25, 2012.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

Does ANY stores have the cables in stock? It is super annoying to not have one for my shop or car.

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Without calling around stores in your area im not sure who has them in stock. Apple just updated there website today and now have it listed for sale. 2-3 weeks to ship, but I guess its better then waiting another week to order one?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD818ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable?fnode=45

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Yes

4. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

Which ones? I called my local AT&T and apple and no luck. Who is more likely to have them apple or bestbuy?

5. tcb9289 macrumors member

I can't speak for stores elsewhere, but my local Apple Store in Greensboro, NC had a ton of them. I walked in yesterday to buy a cable for my car (which turned into a whole other set of problems) . . .but in short, you can most likely find a cable today if you go to a store.

6. thrill5one6 macrumors regular

thrill5one6

Roosevelt Field on Long Island had plenty (just the USB to Lightning Cable, power adapter not included $19).

I was going to order online even tho it said "2-3 weeks" but before checking out it lets you look at local stores inventory. Just about all of the NY stores had them in stock. I walked in and picked up two yesterday (one for the office and one for my car charger).

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Apple Store Dadeland (Miami, FL) had a bunch in stock hanging on a peg.

I bought one almost immediately because I hate having just one. If I lost it, it breaks, or I forget it when going on a trip, I'm boned since so few people have iPhone 5s and I can't bum a charger easily.

I'm sure once more people buy the phone and Lightning products are out there, this will be less of a worry. :)

8. MacFly69 macrumors regular

you can go to apple.com and check for availability in your local stores.

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

There are stores in Waco, TX and Grapevine, TX that have them in stock. Would you like to know the specific stores?

Not sure why your asking here when it would be easier to just call some of the stores local to your area and ask them. You would get a faster, more accurate, and direct answer.

10. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

I have and it's a 10 minute wait each sore all I wanted to know if I was better off at apple or best buy...

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Your original post was more than 45 minutes ago and you still don't have an answer. A 10 minute hold is more than enough time to get an answer. I also bet that the hold would be much less than 10 minutes.

12. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Given the typo in this thread title, I thought maybe your iPhone was exhibiting some kind of bizarre musical behavior. ;)

13. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Good to hear that you got it sorted. I'm going tomorrow to an Apple Store to buy 2 extra charging cables, too. :)

14. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

15. meganator macrumors member

I walked into my local apple store today and picked up a cable no problem. There were tons. Bought a USB car charger and now with the two together I can charge my dang phone in the car.

16. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yeah, my local Apple store had a ton of them. I picked up 5 (the original at home on my nightstand/charger, one for my Mac at home or to take with me in my laptop bag, one at work and one in each car).