iPhone 5 colors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rocks., Sep 14, 2012.

1. Rocks. macrumors member

With the iPhone 4/4S, I always felt the black iPhone just looked nicer and more sleek. With the iPhone 5, I think I may be flip-flopping opinions here. With the metal back plate and rim being the slate color, it just makes the iPhone look...different. It's tough for me to describe, but it's just so... dark. It doesn't look sleek anymore. If I ever got an iPhone 5, it'd definitely be the white. Maybe because I just prefer shiny silver on the edge. I feel the same way about the black iPod touch vs the white. The dark gray finish of the aluminum just doesn't look as nice as shiny silver. What are your opinions regarding the colors?

2. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I'm on the fence about the colors. I preordered a black/slate one (classic color as always), but until I see it in my hands, I won't really know which one I like more. Hmm, maybe I should've ordered one of each. Can I exchange it in the store later, anyone know?

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

This is now why I will wait until they are on the store shelves. Like the idea of looking at the iphone in person first, than purchase. ;)

4. theganja macrumors newbie

theganja

5. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I was the complete opposite. I like (own) the white iPhone 4s but don't like the iP5 in white as much as the black. Coloring the aluminum is really going to have a nice look. I almost want to go without a case to show off how good the black on black looks.

6. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I am pretty sure you have 14 days to return. My friend last eyar tried exchanging white for black and wasn't allowed.

7. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

Im exactly the same, i love the black color on iphone 5 !
    I think it makes it look bad ass phone, like underground mafia color :p

8. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Oh. And they probably won't have them in stock in the stores for the first few weeks... Oh well, worst case scenario, I'm stuck with the black one, which looks pretty sleek :).

9. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I've wanted a white iPhone ever since the delayed 4 came out, but i've ordered black again for the 5 because i think it looks so much sleeker.

10. NinaJ macrumors newbie

I was all set to get the white iphone 5. I have the black iphone 4s now, and a part of me always regretted getting the black and not the white, especially when I see other people's phone. However, I think the iphone 5 in black looks so much sleeker. I love the slate.

11. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

i bought the black it looks real nice

12. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I have always had black, and this time my opinion was even stronger. I thought on the 4/4S the white looked pretty good. I guess it still does on the 5, but the black just looks amazing to me. Love the black metal look. I was honestly expecting multiple anodized colors. Don't care though as I would have gotten black no matter what.