Iphone 5 coming this fall now..... :/ more info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SleekB, May 31, 2012.

?

Will you throw away 4s and upgrade to 5?

1. Yes! I must have the newest iphone

24 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No! Too many things on my current iphone

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it was always expected for the fall. no reason to be bummed.

2. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

at first they said summer all the time.. "june".. never expect anything and you will not be disappointed :(

3. QuarterSwede, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Ever since the 4S launched in October last year the iPhone next was expected in October. Nothing is set in stone but that was most people's expectations.

4. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I have a 4S on Verizon and a 3GS on AT&T. The 3GS is eligible and so I will upgrade the to whatever the new phone is this fall.

5. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

and then sell the 3gs for like $200. good stuff

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I'd hate to wait all the way until October just for another row of icons, geesh.

7. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

its also waterproof phone, faster processor, etc.. and whats wrong with a bigger screen but almost same dimensions of phone like we have now?

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Because if the leaks are to be believed, it looks like ass.

9. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

it kinda looks like the current one just bigger...
    but everyone and their opinions i guess :rolleyes:

10. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

11. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

The site you have linked to does not explain at all why a new iPhone would launch this fall. I'm not saying that it is unlikely that a new iPhone will launch this fall (rather than this summer), but I am saying that your URL proves nothing.

12. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

why lol?

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Regarding the "yes" answer, I wouldn't throw away my 4S like the question claims, I'd likely sell it. Regarding the "no" answer, regardless of how much stuff is on the current iPhone, it can easily be synced to the next one :p

14. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I don't think it will come in fall. I think it will come this summer. June or July.
    Apple know that everyone who bought the iPhone 4 when it came out are due upgrades between now and next month. What better time to release the iPhone 5?
    I had an early upgrade option since the 5th of May but I have decided to wait. With all the leaks we seem to be pretty far down the road now.

15. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

not jailbroken stuff.. and from experience, syncing sucks. it always messes something up and the result isnt what you expected it to be. but thats from my experice not saying it is like that for everyone.

16. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Sorry, a very stupid poll. There are many other answers that do not fit.

Surveys and polls without proper answers are stupid.

Answer this one:

Do you beat you wife:

A) More
    B) Less

17. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

We've already had the 5th generation of iPhone.

18. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Where's the upgrade to the 6th generation iPhone option? I already have the 5th

19. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Not enough choices on that list. Many are waiting to see if the screen is bigger and then there is what will come with it.

If it is a lackluster thing like the 4S and iOS 5....wont be good. I anticipate a bigger screen and hopefully some nice updates to come with it. Apple needs to have a big upgrade this time around.

20. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The only thing "apple knows" is that a ton of people are going to buy the next gen regardless of when they last purchased an iPhone. There are a lot of factors to consider. Some people have never owned an iPhone but will be looking to get a new one. Anyway, if they did have the customer in mind, they would wait roughly a year between launches which would put it at this fall. I'm not saying I know when they will launch (but my money is on fall), I'm just saying Apple launches when they wanna launch, not when it's good for a select group of customers.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

No matter how long the list of compelling improvements is, if it has the rumored longer (taller) yet narrow display, unfortunately I'll pass. I already have the 4S. Unless they increase both the width & height, I have zero interest.

I've been spoiled by the spacious, comfortable, and very fast 4.7" equipped HTC One X. In addition I have a new Samsung S III on order, since I'm super fast & happy with SWYPE, a method of input that is unparalleled. Their are several other features that only Samsung offers, that ad to it's usefulness, efficiency & speed.

A stellar smartphone is highly valuable to me since I use it so extensively day in & day out. I handle a high volume of both business & personal emails each day. A large display that features less scrolling based on it's greater viewing area is priceless to me.

As far as the release date, I'm not an impulse buyer, or impatient person. Therefore I don't give a flip how long it takes, I just look forward to Apple resisting the urge to be so conservative & unwilling to offer a modern sized display like the competition does.

It's time for a little innovation from Apple.

It's time to be forward thinking. :)