Iphone 5 coming this fall now..... :/ more info

Will you throw away 4s and upgrade to 5?

• Yes! I must have the newest iphone

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • No! Too many things on my current iphone

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
at first they said summer all the time.. "june".. never expect anything and you will not be disappointed :(
Ever since the 4S launched in October last year the iPhone next was expected in October. Nothing is set in stone but that was most people's expectations.

Last edited:
Comment

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
I have a 4S on Verizon and a 3GS on AT&T. The 3GS is eligible and so I will upgrade the to whatever the new phone is this fall.
and then sell the 3gs for like $200. good stuff

Comment

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I'd hate to wait all the way until October just for another row of icons, geesh.

Comment

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
I'd hate to wait all the way until October just for another row of icons, geesh.
its also waterproof phone, faster processor, etc.. and whats wrong with a bigger screen but almost same dimensions of phone like we have now?

Comment

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
its also waterproof phone, faster processor, etc.. and whats wrong with a bigger screen but almost same dimensions of phone like we have now?
Because if the leaks are to be believed, it looks like ass.

Comment

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
The site you have linked to does not explain at all why a new iPhone would launch this fall. I'm not saying that it is unlikely that a new iPhone will launch this fall (rather than this summer), but I am saying that your URL proves nothing.

Comment

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Regarding the "yes" answer, I wouldn't throw away my 4S like the question claims, I'd likely sell it. Regarding the "no" answer, regardless of how much stuff is on the current iPhone, it can easily be synced to the next one :p

Comment

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I don't think it will come in fall. I think it will come this summer. June or July.
Apple know that everyone who bought the iPhone 4 when it came out are due upgrades between now and next month. What better time to release the iPhone 5?
I had an early upgrade option since the 5th of May but I have decided to wait. With all the leaks we seem to be pretty far down the road now.

Comment

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Regarding the "yes" answer, I wouldn't throw away my 4S like the question claims, I'd likely sell it. Regarding the "no" answer, regardless of how much stuff is on the current iPhone, it can easily be synced to the next one :p
not jailbroken stuff.. and from experience, syncing sucks. it always messes something up and the result isnt what you expected it to be. but thats from my experice not saying it is like that for everyone.

Comment

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Sorry, a very stupid poll. There are many other answers that do not fit.

Surveys and polls without proper answers are stupid.

Answer this one:

Do you beat you wife:

A) More
B) Less

Comment

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Not enough choices on that list. Many are waiting to see if the screen is bigger and then there is what will come with it.

If it is a lackluster thing like the 4S and iOS 5....wont be good. I anticipate a bigger screen and hopefully some nice updates to come with it. Apple needs to have a big upgrade this time around.

Comment

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I don't think it will come in fall. I think it will come this summer. June or July.
Apple know that everyone who bought the iPhone 4 when it came out are due upgrades between now and next month. What better time to release the iPhone 5?
I had an early upgrade option since the 5th of May but I have decided to wait. With all the leaks we seem to be pretty far down the road now.
The only thing "apple knows" is that a ton of people are going to buy the next gen regardless of when they last purchased an iPhone. There are a lot of factors to consider. Some people have never owned an iPhone but will be looking to get a new one. Anyway, if they did have the customer in mind, they would wait roughly a year between launches which would put it at this fall. I'm not saying I know when they will launch (but my money is on fall), I'm just saying Apple launches when they wanna launch, not when it's good for a select group of customers.

Comment

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
No matter how long the list of compelling improvements is, if it has the rumored longer (taller) yet narrow display, unfortunately I'll pass. I already have the 4S. Unless they increase both the width & height, I have zero interest.

I've been spoiled by the spacious, comfortable, and very fast 4.7" equipped HTC One X. In addition I have a new Samsung S III on order, since I'm super fast & happy with SWYPE, a method of input that is unparalleled. Their are several other features that only Samsung offers, that ad to it's usefulness, efficiency & speed.

A stellar smartphone is highly valuable to me since I use it so extensively day in & day out. I handle a high volume of both business & personal emails each day. A large display that features less scrolling based on it's greater viewing area is priceless to me.

As far as the release date, I'm not an impulse buyer, or impatient person. Therefore I don't give a flip how long it takes, I just look forward to Apple resisting the urge to be so conservative & unwilling to offer a modern sized display like the competition does.

It's time for a little innovation from Apple.

It's time to be forward thinking. :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.