iPhone 5 Cracked Screen Genius Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crzyrio, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

I have been seeing a lot of upset people about their Genius Appointments going bad, though I should let some good in.

I recently dropped my iPhone which resulted in a hairline crack along the top, I then managed to drop it again and it cause a back blob to start forming.

I figured I might as well get it replaced asap before it spreads, and was ready to pay the 230$(32GB iPhone)

Went in there, told the Genius I dropped my phone and the cracked form and figured I should replace before it gets worse. He asked me where it dropped and what happen. Was honest about everything and told him how many times its dropped etc.

I has iOS 7 installed so we chatted about that as well while he was doing his thing on the iPad. Once it everything was done he told me how this is my lucky day and the replacement is free :)

I signed, he replaced the SIM card and I was done. I am unsure if it is in their hands or if based on serial number they are given the option but it was a flawless experience and I walked out a very happy customer with a new iPhone :)

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It pays to be honest, unlike those who try to blame their user-inflicted damage on Apple.

3. srxtr macrumors 6502a

Unbelievable, all I can do is smh.

The inconsistency with customer service...

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I've never had a bad experience at an Apple retail store. Glad you got taken care of.

5. Agent-P, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I've always been lucky in the sense I've always gotten a good genius who would do a replacement for me even though they didn't have to. Glad to see you also had a good experience.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    Its always best to be honest.
    Some people walk in there with their damaged iphones claiming the dents or cracked screens happened on their own or its Apples fault and demanding free replacements will not get far.
    These reps have seen it all and going in there trying to insult their intelligence or asking for a manager when things don't go your way will get your nowhere.
    Be honest and take some responsibility for your actions and you might get lucky and maybe they will let you slide.
    My friend went in last week to get his 4S screen replaced. Ready to pay the fee and told the Apple rep that his 6 year old dropped it by accident and cracked the screen. What do you know, they did it as a courtesy free of charge.

7. Crzyrio thread starter macrumors 65816

Look at it this way, if you went in there and told them your screen magically cracked while sitting on a table your saying two things. 1. You are saying they are stupid enough to believe that and 2. If they exchange it for free then they are agreeing that there is a problem where the screen could magically crack.

Yup, and creating a scene doesnt always help either.

8. aartoodeetoo macrumors newbie

Same here, I've had various iphone and ipad Genius Bar visits, and have been very happy each and every time... The excellent customer service is one fairly good reason why my next computer will be a mac - and I'm someone who's used windows PCs for over twenty years.