iPhone 5 crackling on call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nyy8, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Hi Everyone!

For the second time now my iPhone 5 is acting up again, but this time with call quality. I'm stumped because I'm not sure if I take it to Verizon or Apple? This would be the second time in less than 2 months I need a replacement phone. I attached a video of the problem below.

Thanks guys!

PS. This problem is on both speaker, and not on speaker phones. Also I know the speakers are good because I just tired playing music out of them right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1VOVmMcMMY

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I had this happen on my launch day 4S. Apple swapped it out no problem after duplicating the problem for them in store.

3. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Well looks like it's another trip to the apple store :/

Thanks for the confirmation!

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Does it happen in all locations or only this one. If it happens everywhere you are I would get it swapped out as it probably isnt a tower issue then.

P.S - You have a few app updates.

P.S.S - I don't think Tom would appreciate being labeled as "Tom Vagina" in your contacts.

5. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

I knew someone would point that out :p No, trust me he knows. It's because I can't spell his last name :D

The app updates? I'll get to those one day.

I haven't tired any other towers, but I know that both my Mom and brother who are both on Verizon don't have this issue with their phones. (both iPhones)

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

In that case bring it to the Apple store they will swap it for you no problem.