iPhone 5 Data Plan Options on AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac.fanatic, Sep 24, 2012.

1. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

Currently, I am using a basic phone. I have not preordered the iPhone, but I am going to upgrade to the iPhone 5 once it is available to people who did not preorder. With my basic phone, I have the unlimited data plan for non smart phones from AT&T for $10/month. If and once I upgrade to the iPhone or any other smartphone, would I still be able to keep my unlimited data plan or will I have to give it up?

2. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

You can see for yourself if you set up the iphone plan on At&t. I believe you will lose it tho.

3. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

The $10 unlimited non-smartphone plan will not grandfather you into unlimited smartphone data. When you get your iPhone, you will need to choose one of the tiered data plans.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

The iPhone is a smartphone and you currently have an unlimited data plan for non-smartphones. Simple reasoning would indicate that the unlimited data plan for non-smartphones would not be compatible with the iPhone since it is a smartphone.

What makes you think that an unlimited data plan for non-smartphones would work on a smartphone?

This seems like it would be common sense.

5. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you're out of contract use that as leverage to get unlimited data.