iPhone 5 design real or fake...your opinions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cody21, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

So does anyone here think that the "leaked" photos of the supposed iPhone 5 are real or do you believe it's some decoy? I personally want to believe it but then again, I don't. Mainly because of how last year went and because Tim Cook's statement about "doubling down" on secrecy. I'm kind of just waiting it out and not getting too excited over anything until an official announcement. :apple:

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Mainly how last year went? The only part leaks we had last year we're the actual 4S but people just thought it was an iPhone 4 part. We didn't have any part leaks last year for a "teardrop iPhone"; it was all fan-made mockups.

This year we have an almost complete part leak (just like we did the iPhone 4).

I wouldn't read too much into what Tim Cook said; you can't completely hide the world's highest selling smartphone. The current leaks are certainly the new iPhone.

3. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Can someone please explain to me how Tim Cook could possibly have any control over a leaked part? Anyone?

He said some typical CEO appeasing the shareholders stuff and everyone on here makes it sound like because of what he said all leaks must now be fake. Tim Cook has exactly 0% ability to control a leak. This isn't some Mom & Pop operation. I am begging all of you to please stop using that quote.

I wanted to believe they were fake at first, but after several more leaks over the course of the last few weeks I can't kid myself anymore. My money is on this being the real deal. I find it odd that we don't have any camera, processor, RAM, etc leaks yet. But yeah I'm expecting this chassis to be genuine at this point. Maybe I'm wrong, in fact I hope I am.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

Real. The rumors / leaks have been too consistent for them to be fake.

5. irDigital0l Guest

Ummm there real...

what's this Tim Cook, decoy thing?

After he said it people are thinking that Apple has a "revolutionary" way of making sure none of its products get leaked.

yea..right..

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I think it's real as well and after last year I vowed I would never fall for photos before release again. But it's almost impossible to control every part that comes out of dozens of factories en route to Foxconn for final production

7. Zethca macrumors regular

8. skidbubble macrumors 6502

I agree w/ previous posts. I think it's real.

9. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Just about real....

iPhone made in China right now as we speak, god only knows how many employees work there, and how many of them can keep their mouths shut ? No way to keep it under wraps until launch day. No way. ;)

10. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I think it's real. There is just to much out there for it to be fake at this point.

11. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yeah, with the sheer amount of leaks I would be shocked if it was not the new iPhone.

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

"It feels like an Arby's night. High five!"

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Whether it's real or fake is irrelevant.

Apple is the master of controlling the mindset of the public. What _is_ happening, are the leaks that peak people's curiosity and generate buzz for Apple. That's all that matters at this point. They are keeping it in the forefront of one's consciousness. It could all be manipulated or orchestrated by Apple.

Mission accomplished.