iPhone 5 desk dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Sep 16, 2012.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Does anyone know if Apple is releasing a desk dock like they've had for every other iPhone? I love having the dock and it's just a habit to place the phone in the dock as soon as I get to my desk.

2. domodazzzle macrumors member

bump

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I have the desk dock I bought with the 4. I never used it though as I couldn't be bothered to keep taking the case off. With iCloud do people hook there iPhone up to their desktop all that often? Either that or apple are busy making lightning adapters so haven't got them ready yet. After all the adapters aren't going to be ready at launch. I would wait a while and look for a non apple (cheaper) alternative.

4. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't use the desk dock for syncing, but for charging. Like I said, it's really habit at this point and I absolutely hate loose wires on my desk (my wife doesn't use a dock and always has the connector cable just flinging around with other paperwork on her desk, would drive me nuts).

5. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Not a big deal

Is it just me or does this just not seem like as big of a deal as it should be? I mean we have gotten a dock with every iphone that i can remember at least as far back as 3g anyways, and at release. Heck it was shown at keynotes I think, at least in pictures not really ever talked about. But still no dock for the 5? Could it be that the new dock connector is the issue? Ill be way disappointed if I got to buy a 3rd party dock, it will ruin my Apple look (I have a iPad and iPad dock).

6. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Despite all these new features mentioned above, Apple still haven't created a phone that doesn't need charging daily (Or more).

7. twowinns macrumors member

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I doubt anyone knows for certain. Looking history is your best bet at this point.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules
    Subjective matter. It's certainly not you. It's never just one person on any topic.

9. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I was actually a little surprised by the lack of iPhone accessories available for the iPhone 5. I would have expected at a minimum a dock and maybe a bumper or some sort of new case. I guess they spent all of their time on the new earphones. :p

10. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I've been using the dock that came with my original iPhone for the past five years - I love that it still works like a charm with my 4S :)

Attached Files:

11. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a