Iphone 5 device only

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PeterTran, Oct 9, 2012.

1. PeterTran macrumors member

So I have been looking for an iphone 5 device only 16 g att white for 2 weeks now so that its unlocked because i have tmobile, but no apple stores currently has it in the OC. My friend who bought the same one i wanted on the first day it came out told me that the price of an off contract at an apple store for a 16g att white iphone 5 was roughly 700. I was wondering if best buy, walmart, or the att store sold off contract device only iphones also, and if they do, are they unlocked? there is another thread stating that a person bought it from walmart off contract(didn't state whether it was unlocked or not) and payed 700 for it. This person was complaining but I was wondering why since the apple store sells it for 700 too. The person apparently ended up getting a refund after showing an add saying it was 650 so is the iphone 5 cheaper off contract at stores other than apple?

2. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

The Apple store sells the 16GB 5 for $649 - with tax around $700 - Radio Shack, Best Buy and WalMart sell it for $699 - with tax, over $750.

I hope that clears the numbers up for you.

3. PeterTran thread starter macrumors member

thanks, cleared up a lot but do you know if its unlocked at other stores like walmart, bestbuy, or radioshack?

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i know target is. so i assume they all would be.

5. PeterTran thread starter macrumors member

thank you! so unlocked iphones device only at all other stores other than apple stores are 50 dollars more?so around 750?

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

depends what state, in texas 8.25% tax so $756.67

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Walmart, Target, and Best Buy will price match Apple's price.

8. PeterTran thread starter macrumors member

THEY WILL!??!THANK YOU! I just heard from another person about that too

9. PeterTran thread starter macrumors member

Apparently, walmart, target, bestbuy, and radioshack all dont sell off contract device only iphone 5's in the OC :( and apple stores are all sold out....