iPhone 5 doesn't connect WiFi - airports

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nidserz, Oct 4, 2012.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hi all,

I have taken two trips to the US in the last week and the iPhone 5 hasn't been able to connect to the wifi at the airports. - 1. Boston, 2. Philadelphia.
    Both times Mac computers connected without problems... Does anybody know why this is happening/ Would be nice to be able to connect to free wifi when traveling.

Thanks

edit: will be testing out with an iPhone 4 shortly

2. REDTAZ macrumors regular

It might just be a problem with the phone overall and not the airports. My iPhone 5 has a really hard time connecting and staying connect to even my network at home, work or school and even when it does connect its brutally slow even though my laptop gets great connection on these same networks. It seems to be a software problem that plenty of people are having. So you're most definitely not the only one.

3. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I was having problems at home and thought about exchanging my phone, but we tweaked settings and home and it stays connected now and fast and is fine at work as well.
    I think the range is not very good on the iPhone 5, but this is detecting, but when I try to connect doesn't connect and clicking the little blue arrow shows a 169 IP address.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I guess I would try to connect to wifi elsewhere and see what works.

5. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

It connects at home and at work. I believe it worked in Toronto airport as well. Just hasn't worked in Boston and Philadelphia. I hope it connects to my hotel wifi in Spain, that is all. Was wondering if anyone also experienced this.

6. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

There are a lot of people having problems with wifi on IOS6. There's hundreds of pages on apples discussion forums full of people having them. Hopefully IOS 6.01 fixes things

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I have noticed several of your posts and I'm starting to think you got a real lemon. Take it back and try a new one. ;)