iPhone 5 dying?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dde0485, Aug 13, 2013.

1. dde0485 macrumors newbie

I upgraded to an iphone 5 on May 12th and now it has been acting up. It will just randomly go multicolored screen, sometimes lines sometimes boxes and then shut off and restart. It started doing this about a month ago about twice a week. Yesterday it did it 3 times and on the 4th time it did not come back on. Tried the on button and nothing then about 30 min later I held the home and on button at the same time and it came on, and has done it twice today both times requiring to wait a while and do the button combo. Pretty sure my phone is effed but do you have any ideas of what is wrong with it and if I wipe it then reinstall will it work possibly? The kicker is, I'm in Afghanistan and getting a new one is going to be a huge pain. With that said, how do I get this claimed and get a new one, I can't really go to the mud hut verizon store beside the used donkey sales lot ;) I have a sliver of hope that there is some fix for this without voiding my warranty. Thanks in advance!

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Sorry but it sounds like a hardware problem to me. Could be a loose connector but it will need to be taken apart to fix and this would void any warranty.

3. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Bring it to the Apple Store, best place to go. Hope there is one next to you in Afghanistan. They will most likely give you a refurbished unit :)

Cheers from France!

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Can you arrange with someone leaving the country to get it replaced at an Apple Store?

What's the nearest apple store to Afghanistan? Maybe Peshawar, Pakistan?? Not sure how safe that bus ride would be though... Dubai would definitely have one.