iPhone 5 early termination fee HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boto, Sep 30, 2012.

1. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Hi, I'm interested in signing up a 2 year contract with AT&T and wanted to make certain that the total costs is equivalent to the no contract/unlock retail pricing for the iPhone 5. Can someone please confirm that I'm allowed to terminate my contract after the first month and whether the prices are somewhat equal? Is these the only variables I need to worry about? $200 2 year contract, $36 activation fee, $70 individual plan per month (the plan I wanted), $325 early termination, and federal + state taxes, which equals to about $670 (depending on your state taxes rate). If these numbers are all correct I may just do this to unlock my phone after the month since I screwed up on launch day and sold BOTH my no contract AT&T iPhones due to cosmetic damages out of the box. It is much appreciated if someone can reaffirm this so I can get an iPhone 5 now than 3 weeks later (since I'm stuck without a phone after selling my 4S) for an unlocked version.

Currently the personal pickup plan is ruining my chance to purchase an iPhone 5 no contract and this is probably my only alternative to getting an iPhone. In Hawaii, all retail stores reiterate the same statement that I should purchase online for reservations, but unfortunately I can't because I'm using T-Mobile service. I can unlock it myself later easily, and need confirmation that I'm practically purchasing a no contract phone.

Also, is there any additional lingering charges that I need to worry about?

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

3. lamenramen macrumors regular

Don't mean to add confusion but they may not let you cancel and keep the phone until 14 days have passed. If this is true, then you may need to pay for a half month of cell phone service.

4. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Congrats, I think you have all the variables correct and I think that you are accurate as far as I can tell. Seems like a bunch of work, but it appears to be correct and will hopefully be successful