iPhone 5 exchange in store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jz7410, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jz7410 macrumors member

I bought a 16gb black via the reserve system but I really wanted the 64gb. I was hoping that I could get a 64gb when I picked it up that day but they told me they had to sell me the one I reserved. Anyway I'm in NJ & want to know if u guys think I could just bring it into an apple store and exchange it without reserving a new one. Do you think there is enough supply yet? I bought it last Friday. Thx.

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Did you change your mind after you made the reservation? It almost sounds like you knew you wanted the 64 but bought the 16 anyway. If that's the case why didn't you get the 64 to begin with? I have no idea if they would have enough. But I'm sure if you called or went to the store they would be able to give you an answer.

3. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

I tried for a couple nights & no 64s in stock. I HOPED that nice I reserved one that thy would b cool & let me upgrade in store if they had it but they didn't. The apple rep basically told me I have 30 days to in he one I want. I just don't know if its possible to just walk in & do this

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Never tried it myself. I don't know how often they get new shipments in, but If you figure out when that is, just go early in the morning when they first open up if possible to ensure you get the pick of your choice.

5. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Stuff like this aggrevates me. You clearly wanted a 64gb from the get go. You should have passed on paying for that 16gb and let someone who really wanted that size be able to get it. So in a sense, you made that 16gb phone your temporary phone until you get the model you want. Just not right. What a waste.

6. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

agreed

way to waste everyone's time/money for your own selfish reasons

7. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Exactly.