iPhone 5 express replacement service UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maka344, Oct 17, 2012.

1. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I have setup an express replacement for my iPhone 5 with Apple customer services. They have placed a hold on my card which is fine however the terms state be prepared to swap out the device there and then with the UPS rep, I wanted a day or so to swap everything over and then return the device.

Is it now the case that they do a door step replacement rather then return at a time that suits me?

The replacement is going to my place of work which means it's often difficult for me to be at reception at a moments notice.

2. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

3. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Weird they didn't put a hole on my card, and I've done this twice now. They also said "Ship back the phone whenever"

I can keep the old one until the new replacement arrives. They are not usually in that much of a hurry to get the other one back.

Strange that this happened to you.

4. legreen macrumors newbie

What is classed as an express replacement?

I have had 2 replacement handsets via courier (UK Mail) so far and waiting for number 3 to be arranged. They let me receive the new phone before sending the existing one back via TNT courier. They didn't let me have a further replacment though until they had received one back.

5. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I've set up an exchange recently. I explained I didnt want to be left without a phone. The apple rep said fine... but somehow there was some miscommunication and I got a call from tnt the next day saying they wanted to come and collect! I declined and called apple straight away and made clear that I was keeping the phone until I received the replacement.

So anyway I'm now left waiting for my white model. Got the email that I should receive it in 3 -5 days.:D Just need to make sure I keep this black one in good nick.:D

6. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

i set an exchange up today and was told to just book the collection date for a weeks time as the new phone should be here by then