iphone 5 = Extremely Disappointed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iToonz, Sep 12, 2012.

1. iToonz macrumors member

To me its just a taller iPhone 4s. I hope iOS 6 packs a punch. Apple always has you begging for more causing you to cough up hundreds each year. I'm not impressed with it at all. Think I will be keeping my 4s for a while. They could have done better.

2. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

Well if a bigger screen, LTE, Thinner, Lighter, New case, etc. means the same then go ahead and keep your 4S!

Looks like a good upgrade to me!

3. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

What were you looking for?

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted

Bigger, thinner, faster, better in multiple ways. Where's the problem?

5. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

6. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

What were people looking for? It's better in every way.

7. ericdajerk macrumors newbie

Im sooo glad i decided to wake up and unsleep myself after the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4s was a super small not worth it upgrade and now they gave yall a 0.5inch screen upgrade, smh. Plus i can still do more with my HTC One X then whats included in "The New iPhone"

8. asr10 user macrumors regular

It might be better, but we want NEW. The iphone 4 is a work of art. But we want something new, this is just another version of the 4 that we are stuck with for 2 more years.

9. cotak macrumors regular

The one more thing magic.

10. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

11. jgz macrumors regular

jgz

I'm fine with the news, it will be my first iPhone :)

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

13. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yeah, I got to say I am pleased with the upgrade. I just honestly think that now the iPhone is not as an exciting product anymore. We need to accept this, it has been around for 5 years now. It isn't Apples fault, something revolutionary needs to happen to the phone industry, again. Just how I feel, I will be upgrading on day one.

14. ericdajerk macrumors newbie

Many of my friends call me a apple fanboy and i can admit it myself, i am... The one thing that i just wont let apple sell me on is its iphone anymore.

Ive have every iphone ever made, but once it got to the 4s i couldnt get it, i could not allow myself to get took by the 4s, then once the HTC one X came out and i read up on it and played around with it, i was sold.... I couldn't believe all the stuff i was missing from being with apple so long, it opened my eyes and now im so glad i didn't even think to stick around for this iphone 5.

Im not trying to convert anybody over to the One X either, im just speaking on MY awakening. I still have and my other apple products, but apple didnt and wont get me on any other phone product ever

15. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm fine with the iPhone 5. It's iOS6 thats boring.

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

That's great news for the rest of us who are planning to get it. More to go around!
    Seriously tho, what were you expecting? The hands-on reports that are coming in have nothing but good stuff to say ab it. It's a really THIN really FAST phone, and i'm excited about it.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant make everyone happy.
    Some are always disappointed.
    Threads like this pop up every year.
    I like it and Im probably getting the i5.

18. iToonz thread starter macrumors member

Well i guess coming from a 4s the design looks the same. 4G speeds are good too. But the 'WoW' factor just isnt there. Probably if I upgraded from a 3Gs i would be more impressed. I just used Siri a minute ago and she can now open apps. She can even shut down my phone when i say 'Shutdown' I guess it will grow onto me later and i will get one.

----------

I guess iOS 6 is looking more appealing.

19. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Good, one less person in my way :D

Really though, what else do you want out of a phone?

20. jamin100 macrumors 6502

I for one agree.
    I have a 4s but need to buy the wife another phone as her nexus one is now dead. So the plan was to get the 5 and give her my 4s... but im not thinking that i may aswel save £100 and just get her a 4s!

21. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

Exactly!!

Notice how all these disappointed folks can not find a single thing that they believe should have been included.

Obviously these guys own no other Apple equipment. If they did they would realize that the continuing improving integration between the devices is the real attraction for the iPhone and other Apple devices.

I would highly that those who just want to complain get themselves a Sammy and go away.

22. iToonz thread starter macrumors member

Drive my car home when Im drunk :D

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you're disappointed with seemingly recycled designs and such then how can you not be disappointed when you start a thread that already exists?

24. UHFrank macrumors member

UHFrank

YES, one less person in line when I go out to get it. The OP should just move on...

25. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

My mom asked me this morning if she should get an 4s or the new iphone. Her 3gs is dead. I am afraid I will have to recommend the 4s over the 5. Not worth the extra cash.