iPhone 5 first phone I've been completely satisfied with

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shazzam, Apr 7, 2013.

1. shazzam macrumors regular

I've been buying iPhones annually since the iPhone 3G came out. The iPhone 5 is the first one where I've felt I don't really need to buy the next iPhone.

Six months later, still an amazing phone. Anyone else with me?

2. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

yes. me.
    mines jailbroken. i've owned an iphone 3g, i4, sgs3 and now i5.
    the i5, jailbroken is by far, best ive owned.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    i5 JB with fast LTE so I'm very happy.
    We didn't see yet what the next gen might bring but has to be something real good to make me dump my JB and go up to stock iOS.

4. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well in my case it's the second. My iphone 4 was the first but this one is even better-no need to upgrade til the 6 or beyond. :D

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I always buy unlocked. Sell the old one when the new one comes out. ;):cool::apple:

6. entropi macrumors 6502

7. jaenicky macrumors member

Same here. Since I got IP5 five months ago I stopped checking out new phones. The only complain was the settings toggles and jail breaking it took care of that.

8. annaharris macrumors member

I agree with you. Moreover, i have iPhone5 and its the best experience from all of my mobiles. Now, i highly recommend this phone.

9. BoostDeuce macrumors member

This is my first iphone and probably my last

the microphone apparently can't pick up. Doesn't matter who I call, I am having to pull the phone away from my face and yell into the microphone for anyone to hear me.

The lack of a back button is probably the most annoying thing about it. If I was browsing an app on my android and got a text message, I could read the message and hit back and it would put me back in my app. On the iphone, I have to read the text, click the home button and then get back into the app.

The lack of stuff like widgets is also a feature I thought I could live without, but I really miss. I used to be able to unlock my phone and see the weather with a forecast. I used to be able to slide one home screen over and see a full calendar. I could slide another home screen over and turn on/off wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, mobile network, see my data usage, etc all on one screen without having to open a separate menu.

The only thing I like about the iphone is the all day battery life and the smaller screen size than my android phones. The OS is just too simple and plain for me to enjoy

10. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

That's gotta be a hardware fault if it really is as bad as you describe (and you're not holding the phone upside down :) )

11. BoostDeuce macrumors member

It most certainly is. It's just something annoying but its by far not the most annoying thing about this phone

I know some of my complaints just take time to get used to, but they all build up and make me so unhappy right now that I feel the way I do. I'm sure time will make me like this phone more.

Too bad its out of the 14 day return period. I'm going to try to get it replaced here pretty soon. hope replacing a phone and getting all my data on the new one is as easy as everyone says

12. Hail Caesar macrumors regular

Its a great device, I havent had any issues other than scratches in some areas. It does what I need and want, no complaints with the performance, iOS is bar none for me. :apple: