iPhone 5 - flickering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kdesign7, Oct 18, 2012.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Ok so this is a hard one to explain.

I've had my iPhone 5 for nearly 2 weeks, and I've noticed 2 major issues thus far. I've made a previous post about this - the Battery. It's not that great, and I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt to give it a half dozen recharge cycles to reach peak performance. This is not the case. I am getting just about 3-4 hrs of constant usage. (More detailed on my previous post).

Secondly -- my screen is flickering. Only at times -- Let me explain.

When the display flickers, it doesn't flicker throughout the WHOLE display, only in the bottom portion of the screen where the keyboard will popup. Typically, if I just exit out of iMessage, or the Settings Application, it goes away for a number of hours, or days, and thats it.

But, tonight it did it again... and this time, I didn't touch the home button or tap anything else - I wanted to see how long it would flicker for -- and well, it flickered for 2 minutes str8 till I touched the screen or the home button.

I AM TRYING TO RE-ACT the situation to make it do it again and I'm going to get a photo to upload... So... I just wanted to get this post out there and see if others are experiencing this as I am...

Pictures to follow.

2. Hpye macrumors 6502

This issue is old man , ppl been discussing about it, you are not alone. Just search flickering iPhone 5 screen in the search in this forum.

3. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. kdesign7, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012

kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If it's an iOS 6 bug, this makes me slightly more at ease... because if it's a SOFTWARE bug, then that's fixable, opposed to a hardware problem. :)

5. Bahroo, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012

Bahroo macrumors 68000

Its a software glitch, it happened only once to me so far... And as for your battery life i have heard from a few people that trying to reset all settings fixes the battery issues...well in accordance to a few people it made their battery life tremendously good.