iPhone 5 for $450 at Virgin Mobile!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tiger8, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

I only wish they don't use Sprint network! This is a great deal $200 off!

$550 for the phone
    $100 credit for switching from another company

2. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Wow, and only $30/month for 300 min + unlimited texts/data :eek:

That's some serious cash savings. Can't wait till Sprint LTE finally comes to Orange County :drools:

Thanks for the heads up on the $100 discount :)

3. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

No problem, just act fast looks like the Phone must be bought by July 7th activated by the 14th.

I wish other carriers would do the same, heck, I wish Apple themselves would progressively lower the iPhone price (i.e. $50 every 6 months), rather than it dropping $100 overnight when the successor is released

4. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Your data will be throttled after 2.5Gb get some reviews first.

5. waa1futs macrumors 6502

HOLY SMOKES! I just checked on their website and an iPhone 4s is only $282 (contract free) after this $100 discount :eek:

Not to mention the $30/month plan savings...

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I had VM with the iPhone 4S. The coverage in my area and up to the New England area where I travel to visit family were absolutely atrocious. It was so bad that I didn't last a month on VM. I know coverage varies by state/region, but unless VM/Sprint get better coverage, I would never consider them around my area.

It's definitely a good deal though if the coverage is prett decent around you.

7. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

Sigh. I was rooting from Sprint since day 1, jumped on the 4s wagon as soon as Sprint got it in October 2011.

It was great the first year, honestly, but the summer of 2012 it started acting up. By fall it was unbearable. The data coverage became so bad to the point were I had to manually turn off cellular data cause the phone would drain itself hunting for signal (battery would loose 20% overnight on 3G standby, 1% if on Wifi or no data).

I jumped ship earlier this year and terminated my contract. Still have my iPhone 4s, but thanks to GPP I can use Net10 on it. Very happy.

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Went to the 4S on Sprint (switched from AT&T). as well when they got. Joined my parents plan to save some extra money but Sprint's data is so damn terrible. Although you can make an awesome phone call.

I lasted a week on Sprint and AT&T took me back with open arms. Now I'm on the T-Mobile bandwagon. All my previous iPhones had been with T-Mobile (2G, 3G, 3GS).

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Not a bad deal for those who are in a good coverage area on Sprint's network.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

10. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I love Virgin Mobile, for once I took a shot in the dark and hit a company I actually like and haven't had a single problem with. They seem a little more expensive with their plans, but comparing to any other companies offered in Canada it's really no better.
    Good experience actually, I have '10 buddies' who's numbers make any calls I make long distance or not unlimited. I added my mom and grandma but A) put in one of the numbers wrong, and B) added one of the numbers the day after I had made a 45 minute long call, I called when I got my bill wondering where it came from and they ended up refunding me the what came to almost 50$. I was very pleased.

11. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

You do realize Virgin Mobile Canada and Virgin Mobile USA are two completely different companies right?

Virgin Mobile USA = Owned and Operated by Sprint = Uses CDMA (Maybe LTE in future) Technology = Poor Poor Poor experience...

Virgin Mobile Canada = Owned and Operated by Bell Canada = Uses HSPA+ & LTE = Much Much much superior experience than Virgin USA...

----------

Those of you excited by the idea of $450 iPhone 5....Guess what...that iPhone 5 is only going to be worth LESS its almost going to depreciate the moment you walk out of the store because:

- Cannot Unlock it for USA Use - Only good for International Use that is IF sprint unlocks it for you
    - Cannot use LTE anytime soon and if you get sick and tired of Virgin's (Sprint) coverage....you can't simply pop a SIM in any enjoy....

----------

Better to buy a GSM iPhone 5 or Verizon iPhone 5 at least they come with Freedom

12. waa1futs macrumors 6502

False.

Virgin Mobile USA definitely has access to Sprints LTE network, which the iPhone 5 uses.

13. vistadude macrumors 65816

Can you activate the phone with a temporary number, then test out the service, and port later and get the $100 discounts?

Thanks.

14. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

Wrong. I am using a net10 sim on a Sprint 4s thanks to gpp. The 5 doesn't not need gpp I think, you can just pop a sim (wasn't there reports about Verizon phone accepting AT&T ?)

15. CEmajr macrumors 601

He's right. The VM iPhone 5 is locked down just like Sprint. It is locked from being used on any other US network. The Verizon iPhone 5 is sold unlocked, not the Sprint one.

As for the GPP,most people don't want to have to use a sim interposer just to use their iPhone when the iPhone 5 from all 3 other carriers can easily be factory unlocked and free to update and restore normally.

As soon as you buy the VM or Sprint iPhone 5 and take the plastic off, they drop below $350 in value.

16. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

This is what I was trying to tell people...but some people are jus over their head lol...

----------

I forgot Sprint's LTE network is covering 101% of USA :).....

more like 1%..lol...