iPhone 5 for Europe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Upa, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Upa macrumors newbie

Hi, I am a newbie here, please enlighten me : I want to buy an iPhone for my cousin in Europe, which one in terms of carrier should I get, Verizon or AT&T? I understand it should be a device only purchase, no contracts. Please do not laugh, I am truly and utterly relying on your help:) I v been reading the forums for a while and still don't have a clear picture. Do I buy a Verizon locked phone so that my cousin later has it unlocked? Do they sell devices only online at apple.com? Thanks a lot

2. darster Suspended

Get the verizon iphone. It is unlocked and works in Europe. You will have to get it from Verizon as many apple stores are not selling no contract phones per request of the carriers.

3. Upa thread starter macrumors newbie

4. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

Hello ;

When you want to buy an Iphone at US Apple Stores you have At&t and Verizon models which is currently on sale for At&t and Verizon customers only.The device only thing is ; you go to a Apple Store and tell them you want an Iphone with device only and what they do is to write your details to company that you purchased and device only machine/full price machine so that you can unlock it.When you buy this device only machine this steps are for At&t phones when you buy a Verizon phone you dont need to do anything.Just change the sim and use it.But at At&t phones you have to activated by At&t and put your Iphone to your PC/MAC and restore it then you ll a message that it is unlocked.

As long as I know and my friends did ; Apple no longer sells device only machines :( We tried our chance but you should try maybe you get lucky :) ,

Hope I helped :)